Rubén’s header

Regarding Akanji are you talking about the non back pass that Martinez got to?, if so it’s a bit harsh on Akanji, the way Gundogan hit it, it looked like a bag pass, obviously underhit, but Akanji must of thought Eddie was there to get the ball

Their header on to the crossbar, where he stood rooted to the spot when it was headed.

Bernie was the passback, Akanji lost his entire bearings.

Last edited:
Their header on to the crossbar, where he stood rooted to the spot when it was header.

Bernie was the passback, Akanji lost his entire bearings.

I don’t want to dwell on negatives after such a huge night but Akanji was our weakest link last night by a country mile. Looked shot with nerves. His set up in the goal was fantastic though.

I don’t want to dwell on negatives after such a huge night but Akanji was our weakest link last night by a country mile. Looked shot with nerves. His set up in the goal was fantastic though.

Yep, his pass for Bernie was just what we needed.

However, he looked like a deer caught in the headlights and Walker's intensity was much needed.

Yep, his pass for Bernie was just what we needed.

However, he looked like a deer caught in the headlights and Walker's intensity was much needed.

Yeah and obviously to double think a victory like last night is silly, but I was surprised the substitution wasn’t Akanji off for Laporte rather than hooking stones and shifting akanji in. I don’t think he does well moving during a game.

On first viewing I thought it ended up in the back of the net as one of the unluckiest own goal's you'll ever see. Was thinking the dream had died. But then I registered that no Inter fans were going wide and then saw the replay. Unbelievable bit of defending. To react so quickly and actually divert that ball past the post was unreal. A true colossus.

Ederson redeemed himself later on but was sloppy early on and was at fault with the back pass. He is always out so to atay back then was a weird decision. Some great saves and collected that cross well later on though!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.