Rubén’s header

Their header on to the crossbar, where he stood rooted to the spot when it was headed.

Bernie was the passback, Akanji lost his entire bearings.
Tolmie I was swearing at him for that, but I need to watch it again but I think that inter player could have been offside, still he should have been proactive and not allowed the ball to bounce

Tolmie I was swearing at him for that, but I need to watch it again but I think that inter player could have been offside, still he should have been proactive and not allowed the ball to bounce

Think you may be right, it might have been pulled back for offside.

Akanji just seemed to freeze and allow his man to stand on him.

Dias was a one-man defence with Eddie in the second half.

I don’t want to dwell on negatives after such a huge night but Akanji was our weakest link last night by a country mile. Looked shot with nerves. His set up in the goal was fantastic though.
To be fair he was one of many, nerves got the better of most of our players last night, the monkey on their backs was a very heavy one, fortune favoured us but it was long overdue.

Regarding Akanji are you talking about the non back pass that Martinez got to?, if so it’s a bit harsh on Akanji, the way Gundogan hit it, it looked like a back pass, obviously underhit, but Akanji must of thought Eddie was there to get the ball
Bit of a 3 person fuck up that one, they were all to blame to some extent.

Three titles in Three years for the big Portuguese, considering he was supposedly our third/fourth choice centre half signing that summer it’s worked out pretty well. His first season he was Richard Dunne levels of immense for us

Think you may be right, it might have been pulled back for offside.

Akanji just seemed to freeze and allow his man to stand on him.

Dias was a one-man defence with Eddie in the second half.
Stones , Dias and Ederson were superb, the rest seemed to freeze , but for me the way the season ended in the PL did us no favours, the last few weeks we lost all momentum, the opposite for Inter, they got stronger the season went on and last night it showed.

Many of our players were running on fumes last night and mentally shot, if Inter had equalised for me they would have gone on and won the game.

We got a little fortunate last night but to win a treble you have to be and we have more than earnt that little bit of luck over the season.

I thought they looked nervy in the tunnel pre match. But my word I won't ever Diss Eddy again, I honestly thought that ball was in. What more superlatives can I use for Ruben and Jonny Boukders - immense.

I thought they looked nervy in the tunnel pre match. But my word I won't ever Diss Eddy again, I honestly thought that ball was in. What more superlatives can I use for Ruben and Jonny Boukders - immense.
Didn’t realize at the time but that header in the very last second was heading for the top corner. Some save that was. I honestly think he had been the difference this year, can never remember him winning us games with so many top saves as this season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.