UEFA Super Cup - Seville (N) | Wed 16th Aug - 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread (pg112)

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived in Athens for a year. If anyone likes superyachts the harbour is worth a visit. On any given day you should see at least 2 or 3 £100 million yachts with on board helicopters. They should be on their own landing berths away from the 500 or so peasants who only sail the £20 million bath tubs.
Stayed a week in Attica, Athens, with Mumsy many blue moons ago. Got the tram up and down to a different place each day, beaches, bar huts, parks, bit of the city… and the harbour with all the super yachts.

Had a walk around the harbour looking at em all, as well as the designer shops that were almost as pricey as the yachts. Very nice, plush surroundings. Great for viewing in the early summer sun. Then stopped in the TGI Fridays round the corner x’D

Also on the same trip took a boat out to Aegina. Lovely island. We’re both veggies nowadays but wasn’t back then, so I had a meat mezze, she had a fish mezze, and we put them together as a big sharer.

Lots of, I think semi-feral, cats on Aegina. Friendly babies.

And I’m not sure where it is, but back on mainland we also got a train out to a very historic Olympic stadium, open to visit without ticketing.

Yeah, be fairer if it was Inter again,
Would it? Why should they get another crack at a cup for having lost the final?

If this cup makes any sense at all, it has to be champions of a cup versus champions of a cup. If not Sevilla the only other option is West Ham, I suppose.

Would it? Why should they get another crack at a cup for having lost the final?

If this cup makes any sense at all, it has to be champions of a cup versus champions of a cup. If not Sevilla the only other option is West Ham, I suppose.

It's always been done this way and the CL winner doesn't always win it, although in recent years that's been the case the majority of the time. Sevilla have actually lost their last 5 Super Cup finals, and I'm sure they'll very much want to win it.

We've got the new museum to think about, need to add these "rare" trophies in there. This one and the Club World Cup. Even if people think they're mickey mouse, they're good ones to win and display in the future. They don't come around very often and I'm sure the players will want them.

It's always been done this way and the CL winner doesn't always win it, although in recent years that's been the case the majority of the time. Sevilla have actually lost their last 5 Super Cup finals, and I'm sure they'll very much want to win it.

We've got the new museum to think about, need to add these "rare" trophies in there. This one and the Club World Cup. Even if people think they're mickey mouse, they're good ones to win and display in the future. They don't come around very often and I'm sure the players will want them.
I know it has, and I don’t particularly think it’s Mickey Mouse either. I’m very much looking forward to it and hope we get our hands on it, can only be great for the club.

My reply was to chesterbells suggestion that Inter should replace Sevilla because Sevilla couldn’t get through he UCL group. I think it would lessen it if it was just a repeat of the UCL final, and have no issue with our opponent being (serial and current) Europa winners Sevilla.

There is some merit to the idea of a playoff round between Europa winners and Europa Conference winners, though. As you say, that’s a very UEFA idea and we might well see it in future.

Was in Athens a few years ago with Hearts
Great trip and great place
Just like Istanbul it's easy to get ripped off and police were quite OTT although they be better with 2 neutral teams

So, I happen to be in corfu 12-19th august, looked online and there is a ferry from corfu to mainland Greece for about €8, car hire then is about £100.00 a day and it’s a 5-6 hour drive to Athens, might be tempted if tickets are reasonable.
You can get a longer ferry from Corfu direct to Piraeus. Might be worth considering (you can sleep on some overnight and you might not need to rent a car in that case).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.