26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you believe everything in the media, Mahrez, Gundogan, Silva, Laporte, Phillips, Cancelo all leaving, we might get Kovacic and Kimmich (maybe) but it leaves us far weaker. I can’t believe the club would allow so many departures in one window.
Of the list you just cited only Gundo and Bernardo remain vital and I'm sure at least one of the two will remain. Easy there brother...

You won't hear any noises from his end about missing out though as he's truly a team player, i think he has one year left so I believe he would see it out
He's never publicly spoken out of turn that I'm aware of. No matter what anyone may say about Riyad he's been all about the club since he arrived. A true professional.

I would have no worries about Mahrez playing here next season and being good enough.

However, I also think he's the perfect player to replace to keep things fresh. He's only got a year or 2 left anyway so we can all jump before we're pushed here, he gets a lifechanging amount of money and we get a fee for a player we'd never have expected to get one for.

The only problem is that if we lose Cancelo, Laporte, Bernardo, Gundogan, Mahrez and Phillips in one summer, it's a revolution not an evolution.
We'd all love to see the plan,,,

Perfect for all as long as they give a fee to match give such a salary.

It does seem like a bit of an exodus but as long as we get good value and make replacements Im all for it, especially after a treble season.

Perfect for all as long as they give a fee to match give such a salary.

It does seem like a bit of an exodus but as long as we get good value and make replacements Im all for it, especially after a treble season.
Transfer fees are not correlated to future salaries. See the example of Haaland. That said, I'm sure the club will get the proper fee.

Gutted to see him go if true. Fantastic player wonder who next seasons scapegoat will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.