Istanbul CL Final chaos | City Matters statement (p 133)

Not quite, I was running late and decided to use the Metro, while walking towards the stop I bumped into 2 ladies who were a bit lost, told them to stick with me, even though I had no idea where I was going. One of them was 70s, the other 86 and with a walking stick, what intrepid ladies they were. The younger of the 2 became the only person I've ever met who was in Vienna for ECWC Final, very impressive.
Long story but, after 5 different Metros, no seats available on any of them, we did get to the ground ok.
Another long story but somehow they found me again after the game and it was 5am when I eventually delivered them to their hotel in Taksim. That first pint after I left them tasted like nectar but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Yes we were ripped off by the stadium, bent police collecting fag packets in a carrier bag, the catering, the taxi drivers et al but it was still the best trip I've ever been on.
What happened at the hotel?

What happened at the hotel?
Nothing mate, I left them once they were safe in the foyer. It was just a nightmare finding it, the taxi took us to the wrong hotel, same name but not theirs, spent over an hour wandering round Taksim in the hope they would recognise something familiar but no luck. They were tired and disorientated, I was staying in Fatih, so although I'd been to Taksim twice it was to the same bar, Rock n Roller, didn't know anywhere else, coppers were no help. It all ended well and it added to to the story of the Blues.

Nothing mate, I left them once they were safe in the foyer. It was just a nightmare finding it, the taxi took us to the wrong hotel, same name but not theirs, spent over an hour wandering round Taksim in the hope they would recognise something familiar but no luck. They were tired and disorientated, I was staying in Fatih, so although I'd been to Taksim twice it was to the same bar, Rock n Roller, didn't know anywhere else, coppers were no help. It all ended well and it added to to the story of the Blues.

A bit of your story reminded me of the three ‘birds’ from London that were in Istanbul celebrating a birthday. I met them on a cruise on the Sunday, when they were still hungover. They told me their taxi at 4am the night before dropped them at ‘their’ hotel, only for them to find out after entering the hotel, after passing reception, after going up in the lift, that their keycard wouldn’t fit in the KEYHOLE and they were in the wrong hotel which they say had the same(similar) name to theirs.

A bit of your story reminded me of the three ‘birds’ from London that were in Istanbul celebrating a birthday. I met them on a cruise on the Sunday, when they were still hungover. They told me their taxi at 4am the night before dropped them at ‘their’ hotel, only for them to find out after entering the hotel, after passing reception, after going up in the lift, that their keycard wouldn’t fit in the KEYHOLE and they were in the wrong hotel which they say had the same(similar) name to theirs.
This one was called The Arts Hotel, the one the taxi took us to had exactly the same name, luckily these ladies knew straight away it wasn't theirs before we had got out of the cab, otherwise I'd have left them and gone off in the cab.

Champions League: Istanbul final not 'perfect' for fans - Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin​

However, at the opening of the four-day European Football Fans Congress in Manchester, Ceferin accepted problems had arisen in Turkey that needed to be addressed.

"Given what some of you experienced recently, I would understand if I got a cold reception tonight," he said.

"We are well aware that in Istanbul not everything was perfect. I am certainly not playing down the problems encountered by some.

"But let us continue working together to improve what can we improve.

"I'm thinking in particular transport links to and from stadium, the hosting of the stadium supporters and access to water and toilets for everyone."

Football Supporters Europe is collecting fan accounts from Istanbul to present a report to Uefa.

1687470547859.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.