Istanbul CL Final chaos | City Matters statement (p 133)

Same applies to most aspects of life these days.

Act like a ****,take no responsibility,and get away with being spoon fed.

Totally agreed. My brother sussed this quite young. I remember him seeing the really naughty estate kids in school given priority for free school trips and rewards etc so he decided to behave the exact same.

I believe the energy you put into the world, you receive back in spades. But you have to be a bit of a **** at times especially around the elite and those in uniform or you just get swallowed.

Well at least they seem to be listening, of course it's 2023 and it's not like it's the first time. Whether they actually do anything differently going forward is another matter given past performances.
Well with next years final in a country and city that knows what they are doing, he will just let things slide until they cock it up again in some corrupt part of the UEFA community.

They need to stick to places that know how to handle big events.

The seats faced the pitch I suppose, though some of the restricted view seats on the lower tier were hilarious.
The restricted view was only pre match as it was the frames for the pre match shit in front of spectators prior to game

Listening....what fucking use is listening without accountable,time framed actions ?

Hysel resulted in 39 fans going home in body bags,do we have to wait for another tragedy before Gill and his fat faced,arrogant cohorts start to act with professionalism, foresight and and understanding of ticket buying fans needs and requirements.

The arrangements made for City fans were ill advised, inadequate and dangerous.

I was surprised that no one was crushed in the chaotic scramble in the post match car park.

ACTIONS......not listening or words !!
I wish Blues would stop seeing the Community Shield protest in isolation. It, to me anyway, isn't. Ceferin has yet again shown how ridiculously out of touch he is. If we don't make a stand now, we can forget ever having a voice about anything related to football.

The restricted view was only pre match as it was the frames for the pre match shit in front of spectators prior to game
I meant the seats in the corners at the back of the lower tier. Some had the view of the far penalty area obscured by the supports for the upper tier. I've got a pic of it somewhere on my phone.

The main reason I didnt go was I wasnt prepared to pay so much to be treated like dirty I was also aware of the stadium and paying to watch a football match in a stadium with an athletics track isnt for me, a match that is the pinnacle of world football should be played in a top notch football stadium UEFA has strict regulations for their events and this didnt even meet those. The venue was chosen pre-covid and UEFA clearly had to fulfil their obligations.
UEFA should contract the event to a company who specialize in these type of events regardless of the country it is held in, there are plenty of them about and they should have 100% responsibility for all aspects with penalty clauses for any issues. UEFA should have a fans charter with a promise that includes compensation.
Čeferin has a least acknowledged the problem, yes, the term "not everything was perfect" is political speak, hopefully he will ensure that Istanbul and Paris never happen again, he now has one chance to get it right, he's lucky because Wembley and Munich are the next locations and hopefully things should be "perfect" not withstanding what happened at the Euro Finals

I wonder how much of the travel problems was under UEFA's control, and how much was local organisation - certainly it seems that UEFA should exert more pressure/make it a requirement that travel operates properly.

It shouldn't be a problem in stadia that aren't out in the middle of nowhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.