Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id like to see us add a player or two that has an eye for goal, Kovacic an Rice are poor in that respect. Grealish needs to chip in much more too.
Put it this way:

Rice has 10 goals in his last 2 seasons.
Gündogan scored just 6 in the 2 seasons before we signed him.
Rice was playing in the PL - and in a more defensive position.

The main stumbling block for those who want Rice is not the fee or the wages but does Rice himself think he is good enough to play in our first team on a regular basis.

He knows he's better than bottom half of the prem(no offence to west ham it's currently where they are) he is probably confident enough for a team fighting for top 4. But we are currently a big step up.

It's down to his own confidence more that anything else. Fear of failure could play a part.

Phillips likes this post.

Just had a long call with my West Ham supporting boss, was supposed to be a customer call but they didn't show up so it turned to football. Unsurprisingly his view is resigned to him going and would much prefer he goes to city over a london rival they've been competing with in recent seasons. Anyhow the interesting aspect he talked about was Rice's lack of bravery when passing near his own goal. Its nearly always backwards sideways or hoof. However he reckons when he does venture forward he's a very good forward passer and thinks he would develop massively under pep and playing here the dynamism and fluidity of players switching positions would suit him. I am guessing like me most of us only really see him when we play them or England games following waistcoat wankers ultra defensive approach so box him as a pure CDM so thought I'ld share the thoughts of someone that's been watching him home & away for the last 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.