Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I struggle why so many wonder if Rice might play as an 8.

Pep has developed a strong defence of 3 with 2 DMs in front, able to drop in if needed but also able to play a major part in our build-up vs tight defences.

Rodri played way too much while Stones - although fantastic higher up the pitch - felt his legs weren't used to midfield running (and we know he had his hammy issues anyway).

Of course Phillips might be a cover for those 2, but we still don't know if he's reliable, for whatever reasons.
Rice makes perfect sense on a DM position, with the option to get closer to the box if needed, like Rodri.

On the 8s we have Kev, Kovacic (replacing Gundo surely), Foden, also McAtee and still Bernardo. In case Bernardo leaves he needs replaced, only the options might have to wait before signing somewhere else (like Szoboszlai).
Don't forget Grealish in the middle too. Which is why I'm hoping for at least one shit hot winger (to allow Foden, Bernardo, Grealish etc to not play wide sometimes)

Don't really want him. Rodri is the best holding midfielder in the world, and Rice isn't technical enough to be one of the no 8s next to KDB, Bernardo etc. So are we buying him as a CB? unclear...

If Bernardo goes, I'd much rather we get a creative playmaker in than Rice. Like him for England, but not for us
I can see why so far you`ve had no likes on this post.

People questioning where he would fit , we gave no idea what peps plan of attack is next season. With gundo gone, bernie probably gone, foden going inside, KDB probs not fit by august… who the fuck knows.
If laporte goes then stones drops back more and rice slips in there!!

Exciting innit
Id like to see us add a player or two that has an eye for goal, Kovacic an Rice are poor in that respect. Grealish needs to chip in much more too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.