Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone who picks a starting 11 for next season pick a back 3 instead of a 4? Stones has been a revelation stepping into midfield, I'd be amazed if he doesn't carry on doing that role next season as part of a back 4.

Bernie ?
Ake ?

I think that they get in “our best starting eleven” all day long. Of course, Bernie may not be here but Ake definitely will.
I’m assuming Bernie is gone, along with Gundo, Laporte and probably Walker.

Phillips plays minutes every game as we shuffle and rest midfielders, Alvarez comes on for Haaland or KDB at 60-70 mins, and Akanji and Ake rotate into the defence. Rodri gets some nice rest, as we have multiple DMs to help keep him fresh, and (heresy, I know…) Rice us developed into a more forward thinking player to relieve KDB.

There was a serious drop in performance, and expectation, when we rotated/rested even 4 players last season. We need to have slightly better squad depth, and for that we need players who are playing more minutes and whom Pep trusts.

Towards the end of the season, I mentioned (nit knowing he was carrying the injury) that KDB was 1 run away from tearing his hamstring, because he was being thrashed when he should have been putting his feet up after 60-70 minutes. The problem was, the drop off in the reshuffle was too great, especially with almost ANY injury in our midfield.

Accordingly, towards the end of the season, many of the players looked absolutely knackered by the 75th minute of tight games…games we had to win…including the FA Cup Final and the CL Final!

Pep needs more, better choices on the bench at times.

Why does everyone who picks a starting 11 for next season pick a back 3 instead of a 4? Stones has been a revelation stepping into midfield, I'd be amazed if he doesn't carry on doing that role next season as part of a back 4.
It’s perfectly adaptable to a Back 4 or even 5, but who the fuck are they marking in most games, where we play against a 5-4-1??

In that Back 3 set up, we can go to a 2-2, with Stones moving forward, or a 4-1, with either of Rice or Kovacic slotting into DM and Rodri sliding back and Stones moving wide.

Against teams with a pacy left winger, you can always play a RB at RCB and move Stones forward, or use Ake on the left, but it’s the basic shape we played since the World Cup, which won us the Treble, so I’m not sure it’s as controversial as you’re making it out to be!

………..………EDERSON
……STONES….DIAS….GVARDIOL
…………………..RODRI
…….RICE……………………KOVACIC
……………..………KDB
FODEN……….HAALAND…….GREALISH

Come on you fuckers! Have some of this!!!

So many questions.

So will stones drop into midfield like he has been doing?

If he does, which a role he has taken on superbly, out of the three of Rod, Rice and Kov moves forward?

So many questions.

So will stones drop into midfield like he has been doing?

If he does, which a role he has taken on superbly, out of the three of Rod, Rice and Kov moves forward?

*who moves forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.