It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I wonder if we're far enough down the list of targets that Pep might just tell Txiki to hold off for now, and reassess after pre-season.

Gives him a chance to try out his midfield options. Right now we have a lot of young players on the fringes who may just be ready for the breakthrough. It's a massive opportunity for McAtee, for example, to show Pep that he doesn't need to sign a young creative midfielder, or for Palmer to stake his claim as the Mahrez replacement (if he goes to Saudi Arabia).

Would also be useful for him to test out Phillips and Kovacic, and Phil in the middle.

I wonder if we're far enough down the list of targets that Pep might just tell Txiki to hold off for now, and reassess after pre-season.

Gives him a chance to try out his midfield options. Right now we have a lot of young players on the fringes who may just be ready for the breakthrough. It's a massive opportunity for McAtee, for example, to show Pep that he doesn't need to sign a young creative midfielder, or for Palmer to stake his claim as the Mahrez replacement (if he goes to Saudi Arabia).

Would also be useful for him to test out Phillips and Kovacic, and Phil in the middle.

Neither McAtee or Palmer are anywhere near good enough to be regular first teamers if we’re serious about challenging for the title and multiple cups again. Sadly, from what we’ve seen of Phillips I don’t think he is either. Kovacic, not sure - didnt really look much at the chavs, maybe under Pep he can become as good as Gundo. Bloody hope so.

Neither McAtee or Palmer are anywhere near good enough to be regular first teamers if we’re serious about challenging for the title and multiple cups again. Sadly, from what we’ve seen of Phillips I don’t think he is either. Kovacic, not sure - didnt really look much at the chavs, maybe under Pep he can become as good as Gundo. Bloody hope so.
We're all doomed

I think that's a bold claim. Both are extremely talented and have the necessary attributes to play a part. They're young, and raw, but so is Rico Lewis and you saw how much faith Pep placed in him at a key point last season.

McAtee in particular had a fantastic season last year. Palmer has been a real victim of Mahrez and Bernardo's inability to play on the left.

Both will be playing top-flight football next year. Why not as squad options for us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.