Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct.

We don't tackle, we block, then we win the ball back.
We also win a lot of 2nd balls, for lack of a better term. If we don’t win aerials or straight on duels

His stats for tackling weren’t the best last season so hopefully pep can develop him into winning more tackles. Even though I’m pretty sure we make the least amount of tackles in the league.
Maldini and Baresi very rarely made tackles. They didnt need to because they read the game so well.

If they had to make a tackle, they looked at it as though they’d already made a mistake!!

But we are getting a combination of both Laporte and Ake.
Laporte’s passing ability to break the line of press and ability to switch to the rw, and Ake’s defending ability ( I rate Ake as our 2nd best defender behind Dias just purely based on defending and nothing else) he’s going to be more mobile than Laporte aswell.
Will never forget what Laporte did for us in that stretch 2 seasons ago with a fucked knee.

Not doubting that. City recycle the ball constantly. The best way to do that is by blocking shots and passes rather than tackling as the ball becomes available more often and play continues with City winning the ball back.

Maldini and Baresi very rarely made tackles. They didnt need to because they read the game so well.

If they had to make a tackle, they looked at it as thought they’d already made a mistake!
Always remember being told that when I played football when I was a kid.
Not that it’s something to worry about I just heard it on football daily he’s young and will develop.

Not doubting that. City recycle the ball constantly. The best way to do that is by blocking shots and passes rather than tackling as the ball becomes available more often and play continues with City winning the ball back.
Having a left footed cb actually playing in the left side though is amazing. Some people don’t realise how many seconds you cut out on the ball from being a right footed to left footed in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.