Movie Discussion Thread | Upcoming Releases etc..

Actors go on strike, partially, in the wake of AI.

It's interesting how a few years back people, like myself, asked the question what is society going to do in the wake of AI and we're seeing the effects of that finally permeating through.

Of course, with AI, comes the pushing of such tech by the very billionaire owners and companies that stand to gain more profit and less sharing of said profits.

There's going to be less and less for us to do and it will lead to a collapse if AI isn't reigned in, but that genie is well and truly out of the bottle.

It's interesting how a few years back people, like myself, asked the question what is society going to do in the wake of AI and we're seeing the effects of that finally permeating through.

Of course, with AI, comes the pushing of such tech by the very billionaire owners and companies that stand to gain more profit and less sharing of said profits.

There's going to be less and less for us to do and it will lead to a collapse if AI isn't reigned in, but that genie is well and truly out of the bottle.

Couldn't care less as long as I am entertained. that's what the entertainment industry is about. They could all go on the stage instead of getting mucho wonga for TV work.

IMAX, if you can. Manchester's IMAX is one of only a few capable of running 70mm IMAX film so hopefully that's the version being screened. I expect it is considering how much Nolan/Universal invested in the format.
Ye I do like the imax but its a ballache going into town these days, local odeon is ok and my setup at home will be better than most cinemas these days when it’s finished at the end of the year, so I can rewatch in its full glory.

The Industrial Revolution will seem like a picnic compared to the upheaval in working patterns for the working man. AI will decimate jobs through every industry. Let’s hope AI is used for the good of mankind not for the good of the few.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.