Benjamin Pavard

I don't get why supporters are turning their noses up with Pavard. Akanji wasn't everyone's first choice last summer and he has turned out a very shrewd buy. As much as I want to see a pacy attacking full-back, with Pep's new system it is no longer required. And with Walker looking set for the exit we do still need some cover along with Gvardiol (providing he does arrive)

A lot of people saying not good enough or no thanks; I’m genuinely interested why? I can’t remember if he played against us- did he play poorly, or is it based on watching him more regularly for France/Bayern or based on public opinion of him in general? I honestly thought he was a top international player who is a good age and profile- but it seems the majority would disagree so genuinely interested as to why

One French Benjamin out, another French Benjamin in.

vw9n2Wg.gif

A lot of people saying not good enough or no thanks; I’m genuinely interested why? I can’t remember if he played against us- did he play poorly, or is it based on watching him more regularly for France/Bayern or based on public opinion of him in general? I honestly thought he was a top international player who is a good age and profile- but it seems the majority would disagree so genuinely interested as to why
I can only speak for myself but, every time we sign a french player I die a little inside.

He did, he kept on fouling Jack in the middle of the pitch, so we all thought he was a ****. In reality, if he was a City player, we would be praising him for doing so.

He is the best available replacement suited to our system out there, with the right experience and ability supported by the stats. People are just upset about the Walker situation, but once they see him play for us, they will change their minds.

He did, he kept on fouling Jack in the middle of the pitch, so we all thought he was a ****. In reality, if he was a City player, we would be praising him for doing so.

He is the best available replacement suited to our system out there, with the right experience and ability supported by the stats. People are just upset about the Walker situation, but once they see him play for us, they will change their minds.
I mean someone posted his stats earlier today and they look phenomenal to be honest for that full back/ centre half position we play

He's lethal on set pieces, add him and Gvardiol there's some serious threat from set pieces. Pavard is a good player, really good technically. He's a better technical player than Kyle, better on the ball which seems to be vital for how our system works under Pep. Only thing is Kyle's speed is going to be a miss.

I mean someone posted his stats earlier today and they look phenomenal to be honest for that full back/ centre half position we play

That’s the point some are missing mate, the system has changed so we don’t use or won’t be using what we would call full backs any longer?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.