It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Having a huge budget is one thing.finding the right players to compliment our brilliant squad is something else.
Or should we spend regardless of quality ?

that was on the board to finish the bellingham/rice signing(s), without mahrez we are two players short that are going to be very difficult to find in the market now. So, yeah, if we dont get a couple of quality players more we are going to struggle a bit more than we should next season

Still only pre-season and we are notoriously slow starters under Pep in regards to performance, maybe not so much
with results. However, I can't help but feel we are really going to miss Gundogan and Mahrez this season.

For me Kovacic was needed on top of those two as our squad was too thin last season. We still need to replace Gundogan and Mahrez.

Oof this is going to be rough reading till the end of the window after that result!

Whisper it quietly but I really do hope we have something up our sleeves, Gundo his a huge loss purely for the way he stepped up at crunch time.
Phillips needs getting rus of I’m afraid, there’s nothing to his game that’s suggests he has what it takes. And although it usually takes a year for our new players to settle in, the others have at least showed their quality in bursts, Phillips has done absolutely nothing. and I just don’t think the youngsters are good enough yet to replace Mahrez. Should be interesting, but either way I’ll still be supporting city!

Current squad is lacking.

Kovacic is a good player but cannot replace Gundogan. Mahrez cannot be replaced in terms of experience, as that player also will need 9 months to adapt.

Phillips-situations is scary, as he’s showing no signs of improvement. Options would be to get Stones into DM and sell Phillips, then keep Laporte. Currently, if Rodri goes injured, it’s really bad.

In attack I feel we are lacking depth too. Bobb is great but should be 5th choice behind Grealish, Bernardo and two new wingers.

Tight squad is great but a thin one isn’t when you have MORE games this season than last, and we were really lucky with injuries.

Those crying out for a lot more incomings for the squad clearly can’t count, squad numbers won’t allow it, as it stands.

Gvardiol in, replacement for Mahrez and that’s it unless someone leaves. It’s possible Walker, Laporte, Cancelo will go. Few on loan also.

At least it makes the next few weeks exciting.

time to have a conversation about Phillips. Shows nothing of value.
Usually this flapping is reserved when we are getting beat by Norwich or Crystal Palace in the league but if you are quite the flapper you could always start losing your head after a pre exhibition match in Asia.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.