Let's Talk Pizza

buckshot

Pizza is nature's perfect food, if I was told I could only eat one food for the rest of my life I wouldn't hesitate to choose pizza. That being said, pizza can also be controversial. Red or white? Thick or thin? Toppings or no? Is deep dish really pizza at all? Do you think Brits even know good pizza? I've had pizza recommended by you guys and it always ends up being akin to frozen pizza.

Personally I prefer thin, tomato sauce, no toppings and a drizzle of spicy oil. The best I've ever had is Roberta's in Brooklyn, the 2nd best is the pizza from the town where I grew up. It was just a local guy but he had the best sauce. Through the years I've made my own in all styles and experimented with every aspect. Higher hydration dough, different herbs in the sauce, cheese blends and even non-traditional pies like chicken bbq, shrimp pesto, bacon, fig, goat cheese and balsamic and buffalo chicken.

What is the best pizzeria in Manchester? Do you eat pizza from chains? Are there any good pizza chains? What is the best pizza you've ever had? Do you ever make your own? What is better for takeaway pizza or fish and chips?

I don't really think of pizza as a delicacy that you eat on a meal out or make a special effort with it but more as the safest of safe bets whatever the price.

Like you can get a perfectly edible pizza from Tesco for a few quid and cook it in 10 minutes.

Neapolitan style pizza is the best imo. Thin, slightly chewy texture, decent crust, San marzano tomatoes and a bit of fior di latte broken up on top, bellissimo.

I do also enjoy a proper New York pie style pizza though with ridiculous amounts of cheese and pepperoni, never replicated a good one at home though.

We eat too much pizza in this house, should have never bought an Ooni!

Best pizza I've had was in Greece. A thin base constructed of a few layers and the topping was flavoured with fresh herbs

Anything made by a restaurant chain is always going to be average, but you'll be hard done by if whatever you order isn't edible
That is of course if one of the toppings is pineapple, in which case I shall punch you on the nose if I ever meet you

Best pizza I have had is Gino's, sausage and spinach deep dish in Chicago and this one in Rome.

Apart from those, Pizza Nova in Toronto is probably the best from a chain restaurant.
28540_morrissey_in_rome_2.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.