Let's Talk Pizza

Best pizza I have had is Gino's, sausage and spinach deep dish in Chicago and this one in Rome.

Apart from those, Pizza Nova in Toronto is probably the best from a chain restaurant.
28540_morrissey_in_rome_2.jpg
The worst Pizza we had was also in Rome. In Piazza Navona a big square where the artisans, painters and musicians plied their trade, and home to those magnificent fountains including La Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi. Yes yes it's a mouthful but so was their pizza. It was just a thin piece of dough with a slithering of tommie sauce on and a sniff of cheese.

Anyone remember a brand called My Mums that had yellow labels with their food tasting of cardboard, then it was not dissimilar to that. Rome is supposed to be the home of Margarita Pizza so unsure what went wrong.

Last edited:
Fuck me a yank telling us about pizza. You fat fucking inbreds haven't invented fuck all. Apart from gun crime
America has many different styles of pizza and while they were inspired by pizza in Italy we have made it our own. As for other inventions, have you ever heard of jazz, the blues, rock and roll, hip hop (happy 50th birthday today!!!). If it wasn't for America you'd have jack shit to listen to.

But you're right about gun crime, that's a fucking joke.

Best one I had was at an Italian restaurant in South of France. We’d nearly finished it when the chef came out and apologised to us because the pizza was a little burnt (in his opinion) and so presented us with another one.

Thin base ,woodfired, tomato, mozzerella , spiced sausge of some kind. Done , nothing else ,no additions, they only spoil it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.