Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

we'd of been buggered if you did the marketing then when the club went round saying the Formidables :D

I was thinking that before mate. Laughing to myself. Never bought into the fourmidables crap mate. Just the domestic treble will do for me.

Like the dippers with their treble they bought off Wish back in the day. They always included the Super Cup and Community Shield around that time as 'titles' too. Probably where my indifference to it all started and the fact it's no longer even allowed to be called the Charity Shield.

Premier League being gentrified and sanitised, definitely. Was in Stockport the other day and saw more County kits than I've ever seen. Lads that should be ours, or might even be ours, but at County on matchdays because it's around £20 a ticket.
I see the same with Notts County when I get to their matches. £25 with decent atmosphere.

It will be interesting to see how the Treble affects our atmosphere this season. We have a lot to sing about, but I imagine the atmosphere will be quieter than last year.

burnley away atmosphere last few seasons has been terrible.

Have to say friday night was one of best away games for some time in the prem. Hard for me to judge across the board as missed a lot of away games last season.

But the singing friday night was spot on.
Second half certainly was.

Started well first half, went a bit flat until half time after de Bruyne went off, but second half from about 55mins onwards was rocking.

Loads of people were constantly up and down the steps going to and from the concourse first half. Must have let the same two lads out of my row four times. Don’t think they bothered watching a minute of the first half.

Second half that stopped and people seemed to stay in the stand and it made a difference to the singing.

Second half certainly was.

Started well first half, went a bit flat until half time after de Bruyne went off, but second half from about 55mins onwards was rocking.

Loads of people were constantly up and down the steps going to and from the concourse first half. Must have let the same two lads out of my row four times. Don’t think they bothered watching a minute of the first half.

Second half that stopped and people seemed to stay in the stand and it made a difference to the singing.

This is the thing that makes me laugh about the added time and "value for money" chat going on at the moment. Some of our fans are going to have a real shock when they are back at their seats before the 2nd half has kicked off because they left for a pint on 35minutes and there were 10 minutes added on.

Wow, a Real Madrid piece calling City a team built on a checkbook (sic), that's some fuckin nerve coming from them!
But, otherwise, nice to have the crowd acknowledged from that night, even if I couldn't get a ticket with no loyalty point window, ggrrr!!

Last edited:
This is the thing that makes me laugh about the added time and "value for money" chat going on at the moment. Some of our fans are going to have a real shock when they are back at their seats before the 2nd half has kicked off because they left for a pint on 35minutes and there were 10 minutes added on.
Might actually help at the bar, string out the halftime rush for a pint.

It will be interesting to see how the Treble affects our atmosphere this season. We have a lot to sing about, but I imagine the atmosphere will be quieter than last year.
I really hope our fans get behind the team on Saturday and don't get too frustrated. The Geordies backed by their noisy passionate fans will see plenty of the ball and attack us with energy and drive. I can see this being very difficult game for our midfield to control. It'll be a tight game.

I really hope our fans get behind the team on Saturday and don't get too frustrated. The Geordies backed by their noisy passionate fans will see plenty of the ball and attack us with energy and drive. I can see this being very difficult game for our midfield to control. It'll be a tight game.
They weren't very noisy and passionate last season. In fact, I'd say that the barcodes, along with the scousers, are the most over-hyped fans out there.

Our away support pisses all over 'em.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.