Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 year extension ? I will take that

Hopefully he can stop speaking about Barcelona for few months now.

We could easily ask, and probably get, more than the rumoured release clause is. Wouldn't be fair to him imo. We let Mahrez leave for a fair price. Raheem, Jesus, Zinchenko too. Laporte for fuck all, and Cancelo for below market value. Why should Bernardo be the one not to get the same benefit of the club's trust.

The rumoured clause value is pretty low. But also pretty fair, to him, and if there is one player that deserves to go with our blessing should anyone meet it, it is Bernardo.

What do you think Cancelo's market value is?

The loss of Gundogan and Mahrez coupled with the prolonged absence of KDB has made retaining Silva absolutely essential to our midfield for continuity.
Well done to the execs for keeping hold of Silva no matter what some say on this forum.
Those wining about the deal need to give their heads a wobble and look at the big picture. We have the best run club in the world.

What do you think Cancelo's market value is?
Think £35mil to £40mil is his "market value" but given he's out of the first team picture completely he's probably worth closer to £30mil

He's 29, he's not quite had the consistency to be really considered a sure fire world class purchase and he's on huge wages

We didn't get a loan fee from Bayern, but they covered his wages for the half season and sounds like Barca will be doing similar this year (hopefully with a bit of a loan fee included)

Maybe they'll out a realistic purchase option on the loan, not like the £60mil Bayern one they were never gonna activate in a million years

Think £35mil to £40mil is his "market value" but given he's out of the first team picture completely he's probably worth closer to £30mil

He's 29, he's not quite had the consistency to be really considered a sure fire world class purchase and he's on huge wages

We didn't get a loan fee from Bayern, but they covered his wages for the half season and sounds like Barca will be doing similar this year (hopefully with a bit of a loan fee included)

Maybe they'll out a realistic purchase option on the loan, not like the £60mil Bayern one they were never gonna activate in a million years

Exactly. We're not exactly having our pants pulled down with the deal. We made a mistake offering him an extension on such huge wages. Even when he's played well he's always felt a bit of a luxury and not the best temperament.

People want to believe he's a £60m player but if I was a fan of another team he's not someone I'd be clamouring for us to bring in. The offers we're receiving now seem about right to me. We're clearly desperate to get rid so if someone else can get a tune out of him for a year and we get £30m out of it then we should all be happy to walk away with that.

I have no doubt that if it happens then there'll be a loan fee plus a cast iron purchase fee in 12 months time with them paying all of his wages for the season as well. Bayern not paying a loan fee was purely due to the shortness of time left in getting him out of the club. I'm not ITK BTW, just confident in the bits and pieces coming out.

I think some of our fans need to realize that Bernardo doesn't see our club as his home and seeing it only as work place. if Barca is not in financially shambles in recent years, he will be already join them two years ago.

Let's just say the £50mil clause is a thing for next summer, yes that would be on the low side for that kind of money even though these days the big money goes for unproven kids, but let's just go off that figure

If you tell me that after buying Bernardo for £42mil, that we'd get 7 fantastic years, someone who's helped us win everything, someone who was unsettled and could have potentially left 3 years but didn't...AND then after he turned 30 we'd get £50mil, I'd say that's pretty good going

I’ve no idea why he wouldn’t be any team in the worlds number 1 target if available. Similar to Laporte. No idea why teams aren’t clambering to sign them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.