It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Iv read many books of ex footballers and chairman
The consensus is there is no point bidding for a player unless there was interest in him wanting to come.
I know the rules but seldom are they adhered to.
A lot of time the player gets a pay rise out of it.
It happens in real life all the time not just in the football world.
Tapping up is extremely difficult to prove. The player being tapped up is hardly going to admit to it.
I never said we don't talk to players in advance of a bid, but we’ll do it with his clubs knowledge via the agent. No point bidding if a deal can’t be agreed.
As I say I’ve not read stuff I’ve been with them during calls, the same way when the Paqueta charges broke I said that players bet on anything from who gets to training fastest or who’s ice cube melts quicker. They are a strange & very bored breed.

I expect signings like Doku to become more of the norm for us now with the market being the state it is in. I mean this in the sense that we will buy good talented players directly from abroad rather than waiting until they are proven in the PL.

There was a time when the likes of Southampton and Wolves would snap up top talent from Europe for around £30 million, develop them into PL proven players and sell them for a huge profit.

The rationale behind this market seems to have disappeared this window. Paqueta and Nunes both had underwhelming seasons last year. Both in relegation battles and Nunes got 1 more assist and 1 more goal than Kalvin Phillips managed for us in the PL. Yet, the prices on them still reflect the price of if they’d have been in the PFA team of the year.

The ‘PL development tax’ is still being applied on these players, despite them not really developing in the PL.

It makes more sense for City to save £30+ million by competing for the likes of Paqueta and Nunes before they move to the PL, which is something we’ve done with Doku.

Pep isn’t a player there’s no rules in that, however there is with approaching players as suggested. We don’t need that added shit on us. If an agent approaches us that’s different but we wouldn’t just ring a player and ask if he fancies a move. It doesn’t work like that.
Players get tapped up on every international break. There are lots of ways to approach players. There’s no Queensbury Rules. There probably isn’t a professional club guilty of poaching. “That shit” is already on us, Arsenal and most if not every other club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.