Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we keep on going with this method though, we will probably never sign a top Premier league player ever again. Kovacic seemed to be easy as Chelsea had to have a fire sale, and seemingly were happy to accept a lower fee. Sometimes you have to accept a rival teams fee they've put on a player
Wurtz is the one next summer, but we will have to blow the doors off the safe to make sure we get that deal done.

And for me he IS a player paying over the sticker price is more that justifiable.

Did the club ask him to refuse to train?

If he wants to gamble a week's wages on a potential move of a lifetime, call in sick with a headache, or do whatever he wants with his life, how is that a bad look for the club?
The answer to that is yes there manger came out after the game and explained why he isn't training with first team

Really don’t understand city’s thinking here. kovacic will very likely get injured at some point just look at his past injury record. We will then be down to the absolute bare minimum. Not to mention we are absolutely flogging rodri, that is not sustainable and will catch up with him.

Very true, this break could do wonders for him, he has looked a very tired man for a long time.

A nice long break with his family before the start of rehab is one positive in all of this.
I’ve still got faith the Nunes deal will get done anyway, in which case I’d be more than happy with the way we finish the window, plus we’d still have a gap in the squad list for a potential last minute loan or a January purchase.

"The price for Rice was extortionate; an excellent player but £105m is too much, and we got arsenal to pay it"

100% it was, but he was NEVER going to be sold to us for 85M or whatever we bid, we knew, they knew and Arsenal Knew.

So why bid?

Txiki taking the proverbial?
Not at all. No way is Rice a £105m player and no way at the start of this window was anyone saying £85m is a daft price for Rice and I don’t think many people were suggesting he is worth £105m.

The price for Rice was extortionate; an excellent player but £105m is too much, and we got arsenal to pay it.

The price for Gvardiol was brilliant negotiation, we got him for a good bit less than expected and got him for the start of the season.

Paqueta looks like we negotiated what we thought was a fair price that we were prepared to pay, nothing we could then do about the gambling allegations, completely beyond our control.

Nunes - we offered £47m, they rejected it and have been posturing about £60m. We probably think that’s too high (I say probably because none of us know) and are most likely negotiating that down a bit - if we are then I think that’s sensible, and it will PROBABLY get sorted in the next 3 days

People also forget we snapped up one of the best midfielders in the PL for a snip at £25m very early in the window.

We got Doku for £55m without too much fuss - compared to the average players chelsea have been spending a billion on I am very happy with that purchase

On top of that we persuaded Bernardo, Kyle and Ortega to stay with us.

I think we have conducted our transfer business pretty well this summer, like we always do - just look at our squad, brimming with quality, Pep not looking for quantity
None of that is my point really. Bidding once and then just not going in again would be odd.

Let me be serious, I don't understand Txiki.

Didn't you hear the interviews of the players, especially what Rodri said?

Wouldn't the Physio team have issued a warning? Small squad?

What the hell is a small squad for? Will board members regret after their injuries?

It’s not a strange tactic, we are a business and are run like one. We offer what we deem a fair price, if it’s acceptable then great, if not we move on. We bid because we are interested, and maybe we are trying to bring prices down to realistic levels again rather than adding to the problem by just agreeing and paying or inflating them further.
And more to the point, clubs know we won't just pull our keks down to be dry bummed when going in for one of their players; the price has to meet our expectations. Caving in to whatever the selling club demands has consequences further down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.