Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly mate, and like I said last night, it’s utterly bizarre we expect our first bid to be accepted.
Are we low balling and trying to bully ?

Simply weird tactics and the Rice bid was just wrong on all accounts, did we ever genuinely want him?

Not sure why there’s so much crying in here. Pep has always said he likes playing with a small squad and v last season we’ve got -

Gundogan
Mahrez
Laporte

Replaced with

Kovacic
Gvardiol
Doku

I still think Nunes will come in this week. So basically that’s 1 more senior player, with the obvious downside that KDB is injured for a few months but on the upside Palmer looks capable of delivering more than last season, and MacAtee is available and capable. Cancelo I don’t count as he wasn’t here for the second half of last season.

Also the upsides of keeping Kyle, Bernardo and Ortega, who all looked like they were leaving at one stage, is huge.

Not getting the same despondent feelings as so many in here.
Good reality check.

To bid only once at a valuation the selling club doesn’t feel appropriate (which we knew) at this stage in the window is a strange tactic.
Does the first bid ever work, unless it’s a release clause. it didn’t with Rice, didn’t agree the first price with Paqueta. Gvardiol took a while to get an agreement.

To bid only once now seems odd.
The price for Rice was extortionate; an excellent player but £105m is too much, and we got arsenal to pay it.

The price for Gvardiol was brilliant negotiation, we got him for a good bit less than expected and got him for the start of the season.

Paqueta looks like we negotiated what we thought was a fair price that we were prepared to pay, nothing we could then do about the gambling allegations, completely beyond our control.

Nunes - we offered £47m, they rejected it and have been posturing about £60m. We probably think that’s too high (I say probably because none of us know) and are most likely negotiating that down a bit - if we are then I think that’s sensible, and it will PROBABLY get sorted in the next 3 days

People also forget we snapped up one of the best midfielders in the PL for a snip at £25m very early in the window.

We got Doku for £55m without too much fuss - compared to the average players chelsea have been spending a billion on I am very happy with that purchase

On top of that we persuaded Bernardo, Kyle and Ortega to stay with us.

I think we have conducted our transfer business pretty well this summer, like we always do - just look at our squad, brimming with quality, Pep not looking for quantity

We need another player in midfield for me 100%, even more so with the KDB injury.

Rodri's comments were very telling about fatigue and we have already seen our players are having injury issues.

I would agree. I was responding to needing 'creativity', which is not what Nunes offers.

He didn't come out at Burnley up 3 nil even with games v Sevilla and Newcastle approaching in short order. Phillips is not playing...
I know hes not, I didn't say he would? My point is that Rodri is going nowhere, no matter who we sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.