Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The price for Rice was extortionate; an excellent player but £105m is too much, and we got arsenal to pay it.

The price for Gvardiol was brilliant negotiation, we got him for a good bit less than expected and got him for the start of the season.

Paqueta looks like we negotiated what we thought was a fair price that we were prepared to pay, nothing we could then do about the gambling allegations, completely beyond our control.

Nunes - we offered £47m, they rejected it and have been posturing about £60m. We probably think that’s too high (I say probably because none of us know) and are most likely negotiating that down a bit - if we are then I think that’s sensible, and it will PROBABLY get sorted in the next 3 days

People also forget we snapped up one of the best midfielders in the PL for a snip at £25m very early in the window.

We got Doku for £55m without too much fuss - compared to the average players chelsea have been spending a billion on I am very happy with that purchase

On top of that we persuaded Bernardo, Kyle and Ortega to stay with us.

I think we have conducted our transfer business pretty well this summer, like we always do - just look at our squad, brimming with quality, Pep not looking for quantity
"The price for Rice was extortionate; an excellent player but £105m is too much, and we got arsenal to pay it"

100% it was, but he was NEVER going to be sold to us for 85M or whatever we bid, we knew, they knew and Arsenal Knew.

So why bid?

Txiki taking the proverbial?

Brighton's players actually perform though. What has Nunes done in his time at Wolves to justify an increase in valuation?

Don't get me wrong, they can ask for whatever they want but I do find it odd when people automatically expect a 25-50% mark-up simply for a player existing.

Not just talking about your comment but across social media over the last week I've seen people saying things like "Wolves bought him for £50m last summer so he's easily worth £70m now." Based on what?

Well they've taken a risk signing a player from a lesser league. Out of the players signed from lower leagues a certain percent won't translate to the PL. Typically clubs expect a premium return for that. They also don't really want to sell their best players anyway because doing so could mean relegation and the massive financial losses that could entail. Keeping their best players could result in the financial benefit of European football too. So if they do sell they'll want to get a couple of players in. Wolves have already lost Neves this summer, so they could be in trouble letting Nunes leave the same summer.

Also PL TV money has just increased by 30%, which means clubs will value players higher as a result. Players are typically valued as a percentage of revenue.

Statistically he's a very good dribbler and ball carrier, a good ball winner and good at getting box to box.

Are we low balling and trying to bully ?

Simply weird tactics and the Rice bid was just wrong on all accounts, did we ever genuinely want him?
No idea on the Rice bid, think we all know there was more with that than meets the eye.

Personally, I think we are well aware that clubs try to take the piss the minute we are in touch, wouldn’t surprise me for example if through Mendes we are aware that Liverpool were quoted say £50 mil a few weeks ago for Nunes and then the minute we show interest they want £60 mil.

I do though find our negotiating tactics weird that we’d ever expect a first bid to be accepted, very rare in any walk of life that that tactic works.

At no point during Pep’s reign have we given him a complete squad. Not once. But they’re best mates so no matter what they fail to provide for him, he can let it slide. He also knows he’s elite at his job and can pull a rabbit out of the hat with whatever players we have, or don’t have. But imagine how tetchy things are going to get when our manager doesn’t have that long-standing friendship with the hierarchy and when our manager can’t adapt like Pep. People assume being City manager is an easy job. Let’s see. We have 13 senior outfield players available. With only 2 injuries.
The squad we had in 2018/19 wasn't complete but it was as close as we've got in my opinion.

 GK Ederson, Bravo
 RB Walker, Danilo
LB Zinchenko, Delph
RCB Kompany, Stones
LCB Laporte, Otamendi
DM Fernandinho
AM De Bruyne, Silva, Gundogan
RW Bernardo, Mahrez
 LW Sane, Sterling
 ST Aguero, Jesus

Apart from left-back, we had two world class players in every position or one world class player with very good back-up.

Lets go the utd and chelsea way and scattergun bids all over the place.Or shall City bid what they think a players worth and if it is not good enough for the selling club walk away.
If we keep on going with this method though, we will probably never sign a top Premier league player ever again. Kovacic seemed to be easy as Chelsea had to have a fire sale, and seemingly were happy to accept a lower fee. Sometimes you have to accept a rival teams fee they've put on a player

"The price for Rice was extortionate; an excellent player but £105m is too much, and we got arsenal to pay it"

100% it was, but he was NEVER going to be sold to us for 85M or whatever we bid, we knew, they knew and Arsenal Knew.

So why bid?

Txiki taking the proverbial?
The rumors at the time were that Arsenal were messing about and paying over 20yrs or something stupid. Perhaps our bid was much more favorable terms and remember at the time it looked like Borges was going to join them so perhaps we were going to forgo a few clauses on that etc.

Not entirely impossible West Ham would take our money and offer over selling him to another London club who were messing them about all summer.

Flip side to that is a fully rested and fit Kev for the second half of the season.
Very true, this break could do wonders for him, he has looked a very tired man for a long time.

A nice long break with his family before the start of rehab is one positive in all of this.

At no point during Pep’s reign have we given him a complete squad. Not once. But they’re best mates so no matter what they fail to provide for him, he can let it slide. He also knows he’s elite at his job and can pull a rabbit out of the hat with whatever players we have, or don’t have. But imagine how tetchy things are going to get when our manager doesn’t have that long-standing friendship with the hierarchy and when our manager can’t adapt like Pep. People assume being City manager is an easy job. Let’s see. We have 13 senior outfield players available. With only 2 injuries.

Poor Pep. He’s had it tough here compared to other managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.