Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does frustrate me that city are so quick to to brag about how much money they have made from selling x,y and z academy products. It just stinks of a very insecure mindset, a desperation to be accepted & admired by the wide football community. We all know that won’t ever happen and the narrative we just spend spend spend will continue.

This transfer window hasn’t gone well and as a result we may just have to suck it up and slightly overpay for Nunes. The market has changed and we will not get worldwide acclaim for refusing to pay above our valuation. Just feels like cutting our nose to spite our face.

As it stands we haven’t got the squad capable of competing for all 4 competitions (which is clearly the clubs aim). An injury to rodri and the season could be similar to the 2019/20 campaign. We have yet another chance to make history by becoming the first side to win 4 prem titles in a row. I just don’t understand why city seemingly are willing to put that achievement in serious jeopardy by hampering pep and weakening the squad.

If we keep on going with this method though, we will probably never sign a top Premier league player ever again. Kovacic seemed to be easy as Chelsea had to have a fire sale, and seemingly were happy to accept a lower fee. Sometimes you have to accept a rival teams fee they've put on a player
Not signing top premier league players has worked so far.Who are the top players we have missed out on surely not Maguire.

Let me be serious, I don't understand Txiki.

Didn't you hear the interviews of the players, especially what Rodri said?

Wouldn't the Physio team have issued a warning? Small squad?

What the hell is a small squad for? Will board members regret after their injuries?

For that very reason i think this transfer gets done, i personally think the club are sorting out any Doyle and Mcatee moves.

Not sure why there’s so much crying in here. Pep has always said he likes playing with a small squad and v last season we’ve got -

Gundogan
Mahrez
Laporte

Replaced with

Kovacic
Gvardiol
Doku

I still think Nunes will come in this week. So basically that’s 1 more senior player, with the obvious downside that KDB is injured for a few months but on the upside Palmer looks capable of delivering more than last season, and MacAtee is available and capable. Cancelo I don’t count as he wasn’t here for the second half of last season.

Also the upsides of keeping Kyle, Bernardo and Ortega, who all looked like they were leaving at one stage, is huge.

Not getting the same despondent feelings as so many in here.
Also McAtee and Palmer could step up. Not saying they will but they’re both talented lads. I’d love to see Phillips come good as well. The latter I’m less confident of but if he could return to the form he showed for England and indeed against us when they beat us with 10 men he’d be a valuable asset

None of that is my point really. Bidding once and then just not going in again would be odd.
None of us KNOW what discussions are ongoing and how we are dealing with Wolves public declaration of wanting £60m, but with 3 days of the window left I am relaxed.

I wasn’t answering just you but the general tone of this thread.

Not a comprehensive list but:-

Ederson
Ortega
Walker
Stones
Dias
Gvardiol
Akanji
Bernardo
KDB
Haaland
Alvarez
Kovacic
Rodri
Etc

Not to mention the value we got out of Jesus, Sterling, Laporte, Mahrez, Zinchenko, Gundogan, Torres etc who all decided to move on after brilliant contributions to us.

Significantly outweighs

Mendy
Phillips

Name me any director of football who has delivered quality and value like that over the last 10 or so years? Fucking brilliant squad, but just because a couple of transfers are taking longer than the needy posters of a football forum apparently Txikki isn’t very good at his job. I’d say he was a fucking genius. Look at the shit chelsea and united spend billions on

We were willing to pay around 80m for Lucas Paqueta.

We aren't willing to pay 60m for Nunes.

That says to me the club don't particularly rate him that highly.

It seems to me as if it's the agent that has come to Manchester City in the first place to try and strike a deal for his client.

It does make me scratch my head why we haven't gone abroad like we did with Doku to buy a midfield player for a better price.

Are the scouts not doing a good enough job?

Not at all. No way is Rice a £105m player and no way at the start of this window was anyone saying £85m is a daft price for Rice and I don’t think many people were suggesting he is worth £105m.
I said it was a crazy price for a no more than decent player so why did we get involved?

Let me be serious, I don't understand Txiki.

Didn't you hear the interviews of the players, especially what Rodri said?

Wouldn't the Physio team have issued a warning? Small squad?

What the hell is a small squad for? Will board members regret after their injuries?
Let me be serious, Txiki isn't judge, jury and executioner. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.