Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Low Ball FC.

We’ll never know who came up with and implemented this new transfer strategy at City.

And more to the point, clubs know we won't just pull our keks down to be dry bummed when going in for one of their players; the price has to meet our expectations. Caving in to whatever the selling club demands has consequences further down the line.
Exactly. We are not mug so clubs can learn they can’t treat us as such.

None of that is my point really. Bidding once and then just not going in again would be odd.
Look at the players though:
Rice - decent enough but only worth around £70m, we bid £80m and he went for £105m. Glad we didn’t get him.
Paqueta - not bad but I said back during the World Cup that Brazil wouldn’t do owt in the tournament because their midfield is bobbins and he was the major part of it, only worth around £50m, we bid £70m, WH asking for around £90m. Glad we didn’t get him.
This lad - meh, a bottom half player playing at the quality of a bottom half player, not standing out once last season. worth around £40m even if he performed to a higher standard than he did last season. we’ve put a bid in at £47m which is more than enough but they want £60m and for someone who’ll be a squad player who’s done nothing in 38 PL games to justify that price tag.

I know we really want to win a record fourth PL title in a row and back-to-back CLs, but at what price long term in relation to how much money we have to spend?
We were right to back out of the Koulibaly deal because the price was too high for the actual quality of player and wait 12 months for Dias, we were right to back out of the Kane deal because the price was too high due to his injury record and his age and wait 12 months for Håland… we are right to back out of these deals this Summer because the quality of the players do not match the selling clubs’ valuations. If we have to wait 12 months for another midfielder (hello, Mr Wirtz!), long-term we’ll be right to do so.

Let me be serious, I don't understand Txiki.

Didn't you hear the interviews of the players, especially what Rodri said?

Wouldn't the Physio team have issued a warning? Small squad?

What the hell is a small squad for? Will board members regret after their injuries?
What about Omar and Ferran? Why is it always txiki’s fault?

None of us KNOW what discussions are ongoing and how we are dealing with Wolves public declaration of wanting £60m, but with 3 days of the window left I am relaxed.

I wasn’t answering just you but the general tone of this thread.

Not a comprehensive list but:-

Ederson
Ortega
Walker
Stones
Dias
Gvardiol
Akanji
Bernardo
KDB
Haaland
Alvarez
Kovacic
Rodri
Etc

Not to mention the value we got out of Jesus, Sterling, Laporte, Mahrez, Zinchenko, Gundogan, Torres etc who all decided to move on after brilliant contributions to us.

Significantly outweighs

Mendy
Phillips

Name me any director of football who has delivered quality and value like that over the last 10 or so years? Fucking brilliant squad, but just because a couple of transfers are taking longer than the needy posters of a football forum apparently Txikki isn’t very good at his job. I’d say he was a fucking genius. Look at the shit chelsea and united spend billions on
Not disputing our general business. Merely that if it’s true we haven’t bid again, then I find it an odd strategy. I’m sure we will go back.

Not going to respond to any of your points, as it’s likely I agree with you.

Exactly. We are not mug so clubs can learn they can’t treat us as such.

Neither are other clubs. But if City keep on treating selling clubs as mugs with an initial low ball offer that a club won’t accept and will genuinely be insulted by, don’t expect that club to make the sale of a player we want to buy easy. By all means go in with an initial offer slightly below or below their valuation of the player, but don’t continue taking the piss out of clubs. City will soon get reputation for doing that. It’s a shit and insulting transfer strategy.

Neither are other clubs. But if City keep on treating selling clubs as mugs with an initial low ball offer that a club won’t accept and will genuinely be insulted by, don’t expect that club to make the sale of a player we want to buy easy. By all means go in with an initial offer slightly below or below their valuation of the player, but don’t continue taking the piss out of clubs. City will soon get reputation for doing that.

And miss out on certain players that improve the squad.

Look at the players though:
Rice - decent enough but only worth around £70m, we bid £80m and he went for £105m. Glad we didn’t get him.
Paqueta - not bad but I said back during the World Cup that Brazil wouldn’t do owt in the tournament because their midfield is bobbins and he was the major part of it, only worth around £50m, we bid £70m, WH asking for around £90m. Glad we didn’t get him.
This lad - meh, a bottom half player playing at the quality of a bottom half player, not standing out once last season. worth around £40m even if he performed to a higher standard than he did last season. we’ve put a bid in at £47m which is more than enough but they want £60m and for someone who’ll be a squad player who’s done nothing in 38 PL games to justify that price tag.

I know we really want to win a record fourth PL title in a row and back-to-back CLs, but at what price long term in relation to how much money we have to spend?
We were right to back out of the Koulibaly deal because the price was too high for the actual quality of player and wait 12 months for Dias, we were right to back out of the Kane deal because the price was too high due to his injury record and his age and wait 12 months for Håland… we are right to back out of these deals because the quality of the players do not match the selling clubs’ valuations. If we have to wait 12 months for another midfielder (hello, Mr Wirtz!), long-term we’ll be right to do so.
It’s late in the window. We quite clearly want another midfielder. We are leaving ourselves almost no time to start negotiations with another midfielder this summer. My point is merely going in with one bid that we knew wouldn’t meet their expectations, then not going back (if that is what happens) is odd. It’s clearly a position we want to fill.

6 different midfielders not going our way this summer with £100m in our pocked if you include Gundo leaving unexpectedly.

Genuine self sabotage, we'd all be howling if it was United/Liverpool doing it.

The blokes only redeeming asset is being Peps bezzie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.