Ref Watch

Having watched the show last night, sending any player off that tries to talk to the referee during the VAR process would certainly help.

The referee is trying to talk with his team and can’t focus on both at once.

Just watching SS and ref watch with Mike Dean, analysisng the " incidents " in the rag game last week.

Both the sending off offence for Forest, plus the penalty for Rashford dive and the panel and Dean saying that neither should have been given, and both decisions favouring the rags. How fucking easy and safe when the points are already gifted .

What a fucking surprise with Attwell the bent **** being the ref and the rags needing a hand to get the points.

It is obviously just a " coincidence " that both shit decisions and the ref involved seem to favour the rags :)
Attwell is just piss poor. End of.

I haven’t got the images to post but it’s fucking unbelievable that the former referee Dermott Gallagher claims Akanji was in Leno’s eyeline but Salah wasn’t in the Villa keepers when he’s stood there looking at the exact opposite scenario. Don’t get me wrong, I think Akanji was offside and Fulham were unlucky in that decision, but he (Gallagher) then said Akanji “clearly attempts to play the ball” when he jumps over the thing to get out of the way!
So the useless bald chancer can read minds too. What a superhero.........

Did anyone else think like me that on Saturday Oliver didn't have the slightest interest in the game. I'm getting the impression when he turns up at The Etihad he would be sooner somewhere else. And when we score, and VAR, for shame, can't chalk it off, the look of disdain is one where he realises that someone has pissed in his half time cup of tea.
I'm the last person to defend one of these arseholes but to be fair Oliver looks permanently depressed. I guess it's what comes with waking up every morning realising you're Micheal Oliver.

Howie RedShirt has informed us that Oliver and the VAR wallah made a cock up of our second goal. How many cock-ups did Howie make over the years? The World Cup Final where he allowed the Dutch team carte blanche to nail anyone wearing a Spanish shirt shows us how good he was at whistling! Anyway, has that wonderful epithet within the LotG that points out that the ref is the final arbiter of fact been done away with or is it an attempt by Webb to make us believe that PiGMOL are fit for purpose?

Did anyone else think like me that on Saturday Oliver didn't have the slightest interest in the game. I'm getting the impression when he turns up at The Etihad he would be sooner somewhere else. And when we score, and VAR, for shame, can't chalk it off, the look of disdain is one where he realises that someone has pissed in his half time cup of tea.
He gave that look for Haaland's first in last season's home derby, looked really pissed off to give the goal.

Refs getting pelters for not smiling enough now?

Perhaps they should try to inject a bit of humour, like Mike Dean? Ah, yeah, he gets pelters too.

In fact no referee can actually do anything right in lots of football fans‘ eyes.

All objectivity goes through the window. There isn’t a single officiating discussion thread. Simply confirmation bias ones.

Perhaps we should hear more or how they make decisions? Yeah, but not 3 in the same show as that shows they’re highlighting how City get more decisions in their favour until the time we really need it.

It gets easier to understand when the realisation that fans don’t want explanations really, they just want to vent.

Refs getting pelters for not smiling enough now?

Perhaps they should try to inject a bit of humour, like Mike Dean? Ah, yeah, he gets pelters too.

In fact no referee can actually do anything right in lots of football fans‘ eyes.

All objectivity goes through the window. There isn’t a single officiating discussion thread. Simply confirmation bias ones.

Perhaps we should hear more or how they make decisions? Yeah, but not 3 in the same show as that shows they’re highlighting how City get more decisions in their favour until the time we really need it.

It gets easier to understand when the realisation that fans don’t want explanations really, they just want to vent.

I've never particularly noticed Oliver to be smiley and engaging on the pitch, so don't see anything untoward. It's a strange thing to be nettled by.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.