Who actually owns City?

True. But us supporters are large part of why the Arabs invested in us, due to our hardcore support through the bad times.
I’d love to believe that, but think it’s far more to do with the stadium and potential CFA land and relationship with MCC.

It might just be me looking back after Soriano took over and made City a 100% business and created customers, not fans.

ADUG was 100% owned by Sheikh Mansour but ownership of CFG was transferred to a company called Newton Investments and Developments, which is also 100% owned by Sheikh Mansour.

NI&D owns 76% of CFG, with Silverlake owning pretty well all of the rest. CFG owns Manchester City Football Club.

18 months or so ago the wording on the website: CFG is majority owned by Newton Investment and Development LLC, with significant minority shareholdings held by Silver Lake (14.54%) and China Media Capital (CMC) Consortium (8.24%)

Current wording on the website:

CFG is majority owned by Newton Investment and Development LLC, with a significant minority shareholding held by global technology firm, Silver Lake (18.16%)

All of which suggests NI&D own north of 76% now. I've not looked on companies house but there was that weird adjustment when CMC dissappeared and an equity contribution of IIRC c £26-£27million.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.