Who actually owns City?

ADUG was 100% owned by Sheikh Mansour but ownership of CFG was transferred to a company called Newton Investments and Developments, which is also 100% owned by Sheikh Mansour.

NI&D owns 76% of CFG, with Silverlake owning pretty well all of the rest. CFG owns Manchester City Football Club.

Did we ever understand why ownership changed from ADUG to NID, PB? I always wondered if it was to do with the PL investigation sniffing around ownership and the change making it easier (or, I suppose, more difficult) to prove ....

18 months or so ago the wording on the website: CFG is majority owned by Newton Investment and Development LLC, with significant minority shareholdings held by Silver Lake (14.54%) and China Media Capital (CMC) Consortium (8.24%)

Current wording on the website:

CFG is majority owned by Newton Investment and Development LLC, with a significant minority shareholding held by global technology firm, Silver Lake (18.16%)

All of which suggests NI&D own north of 76% now. I've not looked on companies house but there was that weird adjustment when CMC dissappeared and an equity contribution of IIRC c £26-£27million.
Who bought the shares of CMC?
Wiki currently has ADUG 81%, Silver Lake 18% and CMG 1%. ADUG is wrong.
CFG are reported to be planning an IPO to raise USD 850m but they have‘nt said what they are selling or why.
CFG recently set up a Midco subsidiary probably to own football clubs. The IPO may be about NYCITY stadium development and they are selling part of the Midco.
Alternatively, ask the Grauniad.

Last edited:
ADUG was 100% owned by Sheikh Mansour but ownership of CFG was transferred to a company called Newton Investments and Developments, which is also 100% owned by Sheikh Mansour.

NI&D owns 76% of CFG, with Silverlake owning pretty well all of the rest. CFG owns Manchester City Football Club.
I thought a Chinese company owned 10 to 13% have they been bought out.

Did we ever understand why ownership changed from ADUG to NID, PB? I always wondered if it was to do with the PL investigation sniffing around ownership and the change making it easier (or, I suppose, more difficult) to prove ....
Ño we didn't ever understand why ownership of CFG was transferred to NID. However I can't imagine why it would have anything to do with the investigation. The PL wouldn't have access to ADUG/NID under normal circumstances.

The only reason ADUG was involved in the CAS hearing was to prove that no significant transfers were made to City during the relevant timeline.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.