Old Maine Road photos thread

I remember been at Bolton, there was a city fan nearly as big as giant haystacks.
He couldn’t get in via turnstiles so they opened an exit gate for him.
Probably 1978/80s
I remember him at the Newcastle Cup tie in '77, where there was trouble on the Gallowgate terrace, the cops wanted to move all the City fans towards the corner but this lad refused to budge, it took about 6 coppers to carry him out.

Thought id share these from Historic England aerial photo archive

Very little, if any, bomb damage in the middle picture. Quite suprising considering the date!

IMG-20230912-WA0004.jpg
Manchester City v Manchester United. Captains shake hands before the Derby. 20th September 1947. Mr C Fletcher of Northwich. He refereed the 1947 Manchester derby wearing a jacket and shorts, a high neck, unbuttoned shirt with arms folded back and a pocket hankie. City captain Bert Sproston (left) shakes hands with United’s Johnny Carey at Maine Road. It ended 0-0

I remember been at Bolton, there was a city fan nearly as big as giant haystacks.
He couldn’t get in via turnstiles so they opened an exit gate for him.
Probably 1978/80s
Might have been Al Potter. Think there was a photo in the MEN of him being taken around the pitch by a diddy WPC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.