Media Discussion - 2023/24

As the 10th Premier League club falls into American ownership, the focus on City and Newcastle plays blindly into the hands of hedge funds, leveraged buyouts and corporate America.

A Trojan horse is being driven into the very heart of English football, in plain sight. The days of drafts, franchises and World Series will soon be upon us, of that I'm sure. The meritocracy will disappear and our great game will disappear into its own arse.

Think about this for a while. If Leeds, Ipswich and Birmingham get promoted and no American owned clubs are relegated, THIRTEEN Premier League clubs will then be American owned. Leaving only one more club to fall and hey presto, the 14 club threshold is achieved. A sprinkling of USA stardust has recently arrived in Birmingham. Coincidence? Maybe. Part of a concerted effort to get another American owned club into the Prem? You decide, but never underestimate the hidden tentacles of Wall Street.

In my opinion that 14th club has already been earmarked as the final piece of the jigsaw, in place, good to go. Already hyped to fuck in the USA, friend of the NFL, multiuse/multisport stadium in the most romantised all-Americanised capital city in the world. NYC brothers from across the pond. The Hotspurs of Tottingham have been flashing their knickers at corporate America for years.

Once Spuds is bought, game over.

Meanwhile, the gutter press will still be salivating about our 115 charges, still placing an asterix against our achievements, still waxing lyrical about the red-shirts, whilst the game is stolen from under our very feet.

Look forward to a cook-out and pretzels at Mary D's in the not too distant future.

Hell yeah..
Bugger.
We already have the Moston Red Sox.
Only "draft" I like is Joey's Bitter.
We are plum-tuckered...

Can't for the life of me understand why we didn't just confess to accusations we've strongly refuted from the off. After all, having Winter's nod of approval would signify we've really fucking made it!

For journalists that are considered to be the best the country has to offer, they're severely gash. Funnier still is the arrogance that their opinion somehow matters.

Reactions: PPT
We have 4 players in Fatboy Crooks team of the week - Ederson, Walker, Rodri and Doku, but in his Doku praise, his first sentence is as follows:-

Jeremy Doku (Manchester City): How interesting that, having dispensed with the services of Raheem Sterling at 27 and more recently Riyad Mahrez at 32, City manager Pep Guardiola sold both players for a combined sum more than the price of Doku.

What the fuck is he talking about? Any offers?
We sold Sterling over a season ago; what possible relevance to Doku?

I know the guy's a prick but I just don't get what he's trying to say.
Ha Ha, Man City ,selling two players and buying one, shocker. Now we have really gone and done it. Footie will never be the same again

We have 4 players in Fatboy Crooks team of the week - Ederson, Walker, Rodri and Doku, but in his Doku praise, his first sentence is as follows:-

Jeremy Doku (Manchester City): How interesting that, having dispensed with the services of Raheem Sterling at 27 and more recently Riyad Mahrez at 32, City manager Pep Guardiola sold both players for a combined sum more than the price of Doku.

What until he finds out that we sold or released the entire 2008/2009 squad for less than Gvardiol cost us…

Girth has noticed they are all 'wingers'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.