Match of the Day - 2023/24

Were Burnley actually playing against the Zebra-skinned swamp-trotters? Totally bossed the game from what I saw (in pub, somewhat the worse for lots of Joey Holts, but Nited fans around were not cocky), yet pundits made out like there was only one team playing. Hard lines, VK. Them’s the breaks. Pep Ball 0 Hoof Ball 1.
Burnley played some nice football. Need to accumulate some points and set their feet as a prem club again. More positives for them.

What are the ratings of this these days?. I just watch Sky Sports's YouTube channel for the goals and don't get the punditry nonsense and Lineker's smug face.

Its fairly inoffensive tbh. Micah, Shearer, Lineker & Murphy are all very fair to City in my opinion. I know people don't like Lineker's politics but he's a good broadcaster and host.

My bugbear with it is they spend ages on tactical analysis of games done by pundits who don't have a fucking clue about tactics when they could just show more of the games!

Its fairly inoffensive tbh. Micah, Shearer, Lineker & Murphy are all very fair to City in my opinion. I know people don't like Lineker's politics but he's a good broadcaster and host.

My bugbear with it is they spend ages on tactical analysis of games done by pundits who don't have a fucking clue about tactics when they could just show more of the games!

They can’t just show more of the games. Their contract allows them only limited highlights. I’ve read in various places that it’s either nine or 10 minutes maximum per game that they’re permitted to show.

They can’t just show more of the games. Their contract allows them only limited highlights. I’ve read in various places that it’s either nine or 10 minutes maximum per game that they’re permitted to show.

Seems a bit mad, I understand the show can only run so long but what would they do if theres ever a mad 8-8 thriller with multiple reds lol.

Devoted rag Chappers couldn't bring himself to mention us on the MOTD2 PL Table update last night, quite an achievement! Their Fernandez inspired "Best Ever PL Volleys " closing compilation also featured Rooney, Scholes & Van Persie (double helping) but no City example - BBC/MUTV Sport's pain is beyond hilarious.

Last edited:
What are the ratings of this these days?. I just watch Sky Sports's YouTube channel for the goals and don't get the punditry nonsense and Lineker's smug face.
This for me also, just see the highlights i want to see and record the EFL show to watch the goals/action and fast forward adverts, chatting by guests etc

Devoted rag Chappers couldn't bring himself to mention us on the MOTD2 PL Table update last night, quite an achievement! Their Fernandez inspired "Best Ever PL Volleys " closing compilation also featured Rooney, Scholes & Van Persie (double helping) but no City example - BBC/MUTV Sport's pain is beyond hilarious.
They never use league positions from games played the previous day unless a team has changed places with a result that takes them above a,b or c.
They will only use games from that day to "mention league positions" and its been going on for years.
However I do agree with you ref "best volleys" and they somehow missed Bernies wonderful volley at Villa from two seasons ago, now that was a goal to behold seeing that we broke from our own penalty area.

They never use league positions from games played the previous day unless a team has changed places with a result that takes them above a,b or c.
They will only use games from that day to "mention league positions" and its been going on for years.
However I do agree with you ref "best volleys" and they somehow missed Bernies wonderful volley at Villa from two seasons ago, now that was a goal to behold seeing that we broke from our own penalty area.
Believe me friend, if the rags or dippers or tarquins were top of the table their media trumpetings & celebrations would supersaturate every available broadcast opportunity. It's an audience demographic obligation to feed their red herds to bursting point and beyond.

Last edited:

[MEDIA/]

One of the best goals we've scored under Pep for sure. Technique was incredible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.