Kalvin Phillips | On loan at West Ham

Agree. Lazy player.
Not sure he is lazy , he is simply not got the fitness of an elite player.

Our fitness levels are very high and it shows when new players arrive, they often look off the pace.

Doku has done very well but he is going to have to work hard on his fitness/stamina, he clearly struggles to get back when we are pushed back on a counter attack.

The thing that irks me most about Phillips is he has no fighting spirit. Trotting about the pitch like a prize poodle at Crufts without showing guts passion or desire is infuriating. He's been given enough time to shine but time and time again he fails to take his chance. I could forgive him if he broke sweat and put a proper shift in but he's gutless and nowhere near good enough.

Not sure he is lazy , he is simply not got the fitness of an elite player.

Our fitness levels are very high and it shows when new players arrive, they often look off the pace.

Doku has done very well but he is going to have to work hard on his fitness/stamina, he clearly struggles to get back when we are pushed back on a counter attack.
Well he should have. He has had long enough to get to the fitness level required. He is so slow in mind and body.

Clearly got no confidence whatsoever. To be walking on the ball in injury time when we're meant to be chasing a winner is criminal. You never get the impression he can do something as simple as a quick give and go.

Walker is widely considered to be one of our weakest players technically, but I genuinely think he'd do better playing in midfield than Phillips

I've avoided jumping on him before now, but the last two games have just confirmed that he's light-years away from being good enough for City

The thing that irks me most about Phillips is he has no fighting spirit. Trotting about the pitch like a prize poodle at Crufts without showing guts passion or desire is infuriating. He's been given enough time to shine but time and time again he fails to take his chance. I could forgive him if he broke sweat and put a proper shift in but he's gutless and nowhere near good enough.
He is not gutless, just not good enough.

Well he should have. He has had long enough to get to the fitness level required. He is so slow in mind and body.

this is my concern with him too. I was at Wolves yesterday and it felt like every time he received the ball you are then waiting for him to decide what to do next. nothing is instinctive, its wait and wait then a simple two yard pass

While I think Kalvin is abysmal and should never have been anywhere near this City side, that goal was in no way whatsoever his fault. Walker was miles out of position running 5 yards behind Aké on the left side of the pitch chasing Neto. Hwang ghosts in unmarked from the right back position and has a free shot at goal.
It’s not his fault no.

But imagine say Rodri or even Fernandinho in that situation. They get back in to cut off the simple pass to Hwang after it pinballs a bit.

His positioning gave their forwards both time and space to stroke a square ball and finish in the opposition box.

It’s schoolboy stuff for a DM!

this is my concern with him too. I was at Wolves yesterday and it felt like every time he received the ball you are then waiting for him to decide what to do next. nothing is instinctive, its wait and wait then a simple two yard pass
A lot of that is down to doubt and no confidence, he clearly knows he is not trusted to start and also knows he is not good enough for this side, time to swallow his pride and move to a club where he can enjoy and play his football regularly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.