Kalvin Phillips

As a kid heard booing of Ian Bowyer, Big Joe , Derek Jefferies if I'm not mistaken. Also cheering when Joe would catch the ball hardly did his fragile confidence any good. Only heard Joey Barton booed at the stadium but he deserved it.
Richard Edghill used to cop for it and it was bang out of order. It absolutely shattered his confidence.

Does anyone remember when Big Joe kicked the ball upfield on a boggy Maine rd pitch against West Ham, turned around to go back to his goal & West Ham player volleyed it into his net .ha!ha!
But having said that, Big Joe had the bollocks & guts to turn things around.
A City Legend.

Does anyone remember when Big Joe kicked the ball upfield on a boggy Maine rd pitch against West Ham, turned around to go back to his goal & West Ham player volleyed it into his net .ha!ha!
But having said that, Big Joe had the bollocks & guts to turn things around.
A City Legend.

I was at the game as a young kid in the uncovered scoreboard end getting piss wet through in the torrential rain. Myself and my mate were screaming at big Joe to look out, as he walked in a world of his own, head down, as that volley sailed over his head. I can still see the look of panic on his face when he eventually heard us and realised something was very wrong lol.

Yes, I remember those three from the distant past. The worst one was when we were playing Newcastle and I think we were 4-0 up and Joe let a Malcolm MacDonald daisy cutter through his legs. The next time he picked the ball up there was a loud cheer from parts of the crowd, it wasn't as if his howler affected the outcome but I can only imagine what that crowd reaction did to his confidence.
The same ironic cheering happened to Andy Dibble at Maine Road once. My memory is saying Oxford or coventry for some reason but it was certainly right in the dark days. It wasn't nice.

Richard Edghill used to cop for it and it was bang out of order. It absolutely shattered his confidence.
He did. I really don't understand how booing helps the player. To be fair to Edgy he turned it around with City fans.

Just been reading Rodri 21/22 thread, starting at the beginning it was an interesting read on how we perceive Pep's thoughts on a player in our opinion.
One comment that raised a smile was " second worse player to Mendy" and some "get rid now" thrown in for good measure.
Think it turned out well in the end for him.
I haven't got an opinion on Phillips making it here or not because he hasn't had a decent run in the team and I really don't watch matches where city are not involved.
Judging him against the Rodri we are seeing now is not possible so far but city don't get it so wrong often and I hope there's a decent player in him, only time will tell.

Fuck all that sensible shite. Let's get an angry mob and burn him like a witch!

Fraud by any chance....?
Ouch Of Coach Reaction Fifa Football GIF | GIFDB.com

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.