International games 11 - 17 Oct 2023

Would you miss international football if it was scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is just after his foot has kicked it. And as you can see there's no white clearly beyond the reds....
Wtf????

We’ve all seen the Var pics and nobody is disputing that he’s clearly offside. It’s whether pushing a keeper constitutes interference

They did award it.

I thought you might have sobered up after last nights mindless rantings.

Since you're having real difficulties with this one, I'll help you out a wee bit.

If the decision awarded was "offside", this would have resulted in an indirect free kick to Scotland.

The actual decision awarded was a direct free kick (see graphic below), for a foul - as displayed on screen and as fed to the commentary by UEFA officials.

Here ↓ the arm gesture which accompanies a direct free kick. Honest to god, the concept of this is basic, it's a real shame you can't seem to grasp it.

20231013_110552.jpg

And for further weekend reading to help enhance your knowledge of the rules of the game (no need to thank me):

Since you're having real difficulties with this one, I'll help you out a wee bit.

If the decision awarded was "offside", this would have resulted in an indirect free kick to Scotland.

The actual decision awarded was a direct free kick (see graphic below), for a foul - as displayed on screen and as fed to the commentary by UEFA officials.

Here ↓ the arm gesture which accompanies a direct free kick. Honest to god, the concept of this is basic, it's a real shame you can't seem to grasp it.

View attachment 95783

And for further weekend reading to help enhance your knowledge of the rules of the game (no need to thank me):

The TV panel said later the referee did signal for offside but the TV were showing replaysat that time. Anyway it is not uncommon for referees to give wrong gesture after a VAR decision or for it to be confused by the crowd

They claim UEFA told them it was for a foul. They also got the extra time at half time wrong. Human error.

The pictures clearly show he’s offside. There simply is no debate to be had regarding that.

Thanks but I honestly don’t need to have a refresher on the LAWS of the game.

THANKS

The TV panel said later the referee did signal for offside but the TV were showing replaysat that time. Anyway it is not uncommon for referees to give wrong gesture after a VAR decision or for it to be confused by the crowd

They claim UEFA told them it was for a foul. They also got the extra time at half time wrong. Human error.

The pictures clearly show he’s offside. There simply is no debate to be had regarding that.

Thanks but I honestly don’t need to have a refresher on the LAWS of the game.

THANKS

But we weren't being shown replays, we seen the referee making the award and he signalled for a direct free kick.

So you're now defending this nonsense by telling us that the referee was confused and made the wrong gesture and the UEFA officials were confused and told TV commentary teams the wrong information? Hahahaha.

Honestly, show some self respect and stop digging here. You're entitled to the view that Hendry is offside and impacting play, I'll argue it but you're still entitled. However, doubling down on the defence that was their decision all along is utterly laughable when it clearly wasn't.

But we weren't being shown replays, we seen the referee making the award and he signalled for a direct free kick.

So you're now defending this nonsense by telling us that the referee was confused and made the wrong gesture and the UEFA officials were confused and told TV commentary teams the wrong information? Hahahaha.

Honestly, show some self respect and stop digging here. You're entitled to the view that Hendry is offside and impacting play, I'll argue it but you're still entitled. However, doubling down on the defence that was their decision all along is utterly laughable when it clearly wasn't.
Having looked at it this morning. Couldn’t watch it last night. I think it’s not offside from the free kick. The freeze frame that shows the offside doesn't include McTominay’s foot.

I’m torn on it being a foul as it’s hardly anything, but had he not been there, the keeper would have caught it. If he hadn’t made the push gesture, it would have been given imho.

The UEFA cover up about it being offside is odd. As you pointed out, the ref gave a direct free kick.

I'll probably take a look at the Netherlands vs France game.
None of the other qualifiers look very interesting.

Screenshot_20231013_151809_Scores.jpg

As for the England game; I'll pass, thanks.

Couto came on for Brazil in their 1-1 draw versus Venezuela, which is good news, but I see that Paqueta has again been omitted from the squad. Find it odd that he is free to play for his club (innocent until proven guilty), yet his national authority is sufficiently concerned about the accusations (guilty until proven innocent) to omit him from successive squads.

They keep saying the Spanish players didn’t complain as TV didn’t show it. The Spanish keeper was actually booked for dissent!

Just because TV didn’t show something doesn’t mean it didn’t happen

You only need eyes to see he’s clearly offside. As I said earlier that’s not even up for debate. Now you can argue all you like but the whole reason for putting Hendry in that position is to interfere with the keeper. Everybody admits he gives him a shove / push. Again you only need eyes to see that.

I can’t understand why you think it’s a goal. There is really no argument

And with that I’m away to pack my bags. Anywhere nice in south Ayrshire for eating out that isn’t the Girvan Chippy?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.