International games 11 - 17 Oct 2023

Would you miss international football if it was scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alan Harper's Tash

Can’t see a thread so will start one.

Wales 4 up at home to Gibraltar in a friendly.

Not really sure what anyone gets from this, but it’s in the box.

Random questions about international break…

Do most players fly private to meet up with their country?

If they play their last game near England, can they just stay here (vs going home). For example, Croatia plays Wales on Sunday. Will they go home to Croatia first and then return to City? I assume this is at the discretion of the manager.

Does Pep work with players who aren’t on Intl break?

The season has hardly started and we are already into the second international break. Jeeze.

I don't mind these breaks nowadays, as they take the financial pressure (of matchdays) off for a couple of weeks.

I think it's come at a good time for City. We've had a couple of defeats and it gives those returning from injury the opportunity to get some more training under their belt ahead of a tricky run of league games. It also means any momentum Arsenal may have taken from that win over us is lost, they have to get together and go again.

I used to watch every England game, but as time's gone by I'm less and less interested and only really watch when it's a major tournament.

Random questions about international break…

Do most players fly private to meet up with their country?

If they play their last game near England, can they just stay here (vs going home). For example, Croatia plays Wales on Sunday. Will they go home to Croatia first and then return to City? I assume this is at the discretion of the manager.

Does Pep work with players who aren’t on Intl break?
Clubs tend to club together for private planes. For instance Ederson and Allison would get a plane back together, potentially picking up other SA based players head back to the north west.

Players playing in or near the countries that they play in would make their own way back to their clubs, probably with the clubs picking up the tab.

Pep will work with the players left at the CFA, but has more days off as there is less to do.

Clubs tend to club together for private planes. For instance Ederson and Allison would get a plane back together, potentially picking up other SA based players head back to the north west.

Players playing in or near the countries that they play in would make their own way back to their clubs, probably with the clubs picking up the tab.

Pep will work with the players left at the CFA, but has more days off as there is less to do.
Thanks. I guess they’re all use to it, but the amount of travel these guys do (even if not heading to SA, games in Azerbaijan and that area are a trek) over this week is overwhelming. With the club, you know they have someone looking after every minuscule detail, but obviously the level of facilities/staff/etc for the national FAs really varies.

The season has hardly started and we are already into the second international break. Jeeze.
I usually hate these shitty breaks. But it's actually come at an opportune time for us. Give the players a chance to get away from the "pressure" The club/team is possibly under. I just hope we don't pick up any injuries in these games (no names; Rodri).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.