Media Discussion - 2023/24

It was ever thus.Even as a kid in the late fifties I found it toe curlingly embarrassing to hear and read the likes of Wolstenholme ,Coleman and the print media in general with their sycophantic reverential tone when the D/S were ever mentioned.("Bombshell Bobby lights up London" or similar whenever Charlton scored)
I personally wouldn't rejoice at the death of many people and think we let the club ,and ourselves down when we do

It was ever thus.Even as a kid in the late fifties I found it toe curlingly embarrassing to hear and read the likes of Wolstenholme ,Coleman and the print media in general with their sycophantic reverential tone when the D/S were ever mentioned.("Bombshell Bobby lights up London" or similar whenever Charlton scored)
I personally wouldn't rejoice at the death of many people and think we let the club ,and ourselves down when we do
One of my childhood memories from the 60's is getting home from Main Road just in time to catch the end of Grandstand and the match reports. There was a portly bloke with a tache who I think was called Dennis Smith and even at the tender age of 10 I could hear the disparity and bias in the way he 'bigged up' Man U's 1 nil penalty win and down played any City performance. Maybe after 55 years I should just let it go, but where's the fun in that!!

I stupidly clicked on the article and had to laugh at the bit where he outlines that City fans in recent times have been bitter towards the rags. What decade does he think it still is the 1990s and we are still in division 2? Only bitterness we see these days are the rag hordes protesting and violently getting games called off cos they aren’t good anymore. Not to mention the death threats and chants about the Glazers dying sung around the swamp.

Is anyone on here bitter towards United? I certainly ain’t, we’ve just seen our team lift a treble and have won titles three in a row. City have set the bar higher than any team in history for dominance in English football with this group of players, all I feel for United is a feeling of karma for how they have conducted themselves and believed they would have their place in the sun forever.

May I quote the red scousers slightly here,if that article was on them they’d be bombarding the prick and the mail through social media constantly and non stop,unfortunately we,myself included ( although I don’t have Twitter or facebook) don’t do anything about articles like this and it’s left to a small number of fans to take the fight to them ..

I believe that Herbert is seen as a bit of a weirdo by the club.

He once wrote an article saying City are a grubby club.

Just a typical, shit-stirring, click bait article by him which unfortunately will bring in the clicks and engagement that he wants and gets paid for.

Hate and nastiness sells, unfortunately.

Might be fanciful but as a collective we should come together and sue Herbert for defamation.

Do you think Herbert would write all Muslims are terrorists on the back of several suicide bombers, would he fuck.

@projectriver @Shads am I reaching here?

There's nothing in the article that has defamed the club.

Plus, we don't want to be like RAWK liverpool fans who start petitions etc.

Just ignore and carry on being treble winners!

There's nothing in the article that has defamed the club.

Plus, we don't want to be like RAWK liverpool fans who start petitions etc.

Just ignore and carry on being treble winners!

Yep club saying out is a waste of time but are the media the printed press allowed now to knowingly lie in print?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.