Israel-Palestine Conflict

Given that this is your stance, how can you be so firmly one one side?

I don’t post much in here as my knowledge of the nuance isn’t great.

It just seems that both sides want to kill as many as possible and that can’t be right.

I’m on the side of a sovereign state defending itself and its citizens from a terrorist organisation and its attack that killed 1400.

Normally, 99% would be in favour and it would be tomorrows chip paper but Israel are involved and Palestinians are involved and for many it becomes an ideological battle that has to be won.

Peace is what has to happen. A viable 2 state solution is what has to happen and both Hamas and the Netanyahu right wing governments need to cease to exist and more moderate leaderships be in place to make the above a realistic goal.

Unfortunately, we are not there right now, attack was carried out by Hamas and Israel has declared war and won’t stop until they are told to stop by the USA.

I’ve stated that a release of the hostages would imo bring enough pressure from allies and the USA to bring about a ceasefire from Israel and one hopefully Hamas would stick to and from there, talks and a resolution but it’s years away if at all possible and so many changes are needed for it to have a realistic chance of working.

Hopefully it all stops asap and innocent civilians all over the region can be saved but I’m not confident right now.

I’m on the side of a sovereign state defending itself and its citizens from a terrorist organisation and its attack that killed 1400.

Normally, 99% would be in favour and it would be tomorrows chip paper but Israel are involved and Palestinians are involved and for many it becomes an ideological battle that has to be won.

Peace is what has to happen. A viable 2 state solution is what has to happen and both Hamas and the Netanyahu right wing governments need to cease to exist and more moderate leaderships be in place to make the above a realistic goal.

Unfortunately, we are not there right now, attack was carried out by Hamas and Israel has declared war and won’t stop until they are told to stop by the USA.

I’ve stated that a release of the hostages would imo bring enough pressure from allies and the USA to bring about a ceasefire from Israel and one hopefully Hamas would stick to and from there, talks and a resolution but it’s years away if at all possible and so many changes are needed for it to have a realistic chance of working.

Hopefully it all stops asap and innocent civilians all over the region can be saved but I’m not confident right now.
nicely put.
one genuine Q...Where would you go if the hostages were already dead?

It's shocking how little support the calls for hostages release and a cease fire got on here

You might want to look up the word "defending" because what Israel are doing right now cannot possibly be considered as defending itself.

In common law - or indeed any law I think - defence has to be proportional. You cannot reasonably defend yourself against a kid with a pea shooter by shooting him with an AK47. Let alone shooting his mum, dad, sisters and brothers as well.

Reading the comments and posts on this thread........no wonder it's been brought to the streets of the UK, wow, just wow, opinions that are not needed in this country, it's as simple as that isn't it?
It's a global issue why would it not be on the streets of the UK? The situation of Palestine is directly linked to the British empire so I would say it should be spoke about in this country

And I understand that viewpoint, but given that both sides are lying, there has to be some doubt to what Israel are doing.

It seems more like retribution than strategy to me.

A sovereign state should also be held to account more than a terrorist cell.

Anyone associated with Hamas deserves what they get, but I don’t see quasi-carpet bombing as the solution.

nicely put.
one genuine Q...Where would you go if the hostages were already dead?

No idea is the answer. Look, Israel is being allowed to extract its retribution here, horrible phrase to use I know but it’s the truth but at some point and it’s growing ever closer they are going to get told no fucking more and they will do as they are told.

Let’s hope it’s soon. Real soon.

Honestly, I don’t hold out much hope for the majority of the hostages if I’m being honest.

No idea is the answer. Look, Israel is being allowed to extract its pound of flesh here, horrible phrase to use I know but it’s the truth but at some point and it’s growing ever closer they are going to get told no fucking more and they will do as they are told.

Let’s hope it’s soon. Real soon.

Honestly, I don’t hold out much hope for the majority of the hostages if I’m being honest.
careful with 'pound of flesh' mate...wasn't that Shylock the jewish moneylender in The Merchant of Venice?

You might want to look up the word "defending" because what Israel are doing right now cannot possibly be considered as defending itself.

In common law - or indeed any law I think - defence has to be proportional. You cannot reasonably defend yourself against a kid with a pea shooter by shooting him with an AK47. Let alone shooting his mum, dad, sisters and brothers as well.

I don’t need to look up anything. I’m a poster on Bluemoon. My opinion has zero bearing on what is happening or will happen.

All I offer is an opinion of how I see the situation as it stands and where it might end up.

If I was important enough I’d be sorting it out and not selling car parts this afternoon.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.