United Thread - 2023/24

I dont know....i find it hard to believe that there was a conscious decision to punish Bernardo "because" he is a City player....and a conscious decision not to punish Garnacho because he is a utd player.

I think that in Bernados case they looked at it and wrongly decided he was guilty of being racist. I then think in Garnachos case they looked at it and decided, correctly, that he didnt intend to be racist.

Its probably as straight forward as that...im not defending that raggy twat...i just dont think that the wrong decision about Bernardo, means there should be a wrong decision for the weird faced one.

People wanted him punished simply because Bernardo was....both were stupid in what they tweeted, but neither of them were being racist
This is open discrimination before our very eyes. They decided on the standard of behaviour that constitutes racism, and now they are applying a totally different standard.

They are saying Bernardo is racist, Garnacho isn't, and that they are an impartial organisation. It makes no sense.

Lets be honest, Garnacho was not being racist....and we know Bernardo was not being racist either.

Do we just keep going round and round saying, "yeah but, yeah but what about when..."

There needs to be some rational thinking and decision making here.....i totally get that Bernardo got done, totally unfairly, but hopefully this is the start of a more pragmatic approach to this sort of thing.

I know, i know....i wont hold my breath either

Yes, we do (go round and round).

You are right on both. But one was suspended, fined, and sent on a learning course. The other wasn't. That in itself is unfair and inconsistent. And they are certainly comparable.

I dont know....i find it hard to believe that there was a conscious decision to punish Bernardo "because" he is a City player....and a conscious decision not to punish Garnacho because he is a utd player.

I think that in Bernados case they looked at it and wrongly decided he was guilty of being racist. I then think in Garnachos case they looked at it and decided, correctly, that he didnt intend to be racist.

Its probably as straight forward as that...im not defending that raggy twat...i just dont think that the wrong decision about Bernardo, means there should be a wrong decision for the weird faced one.

People wanted him punished simply because Bernardo was....both were stupid in what they tweeted, but neither of them were being racist
So the City player got called racist and got banned

The rag didn’t get called racist and didn’t get banned

There is no consistency whatsoever

Because it is only fair. If we accept there's a baseline in society and more importantly the game, then it is the same for all. At all times.

I mean hopefully because someone saw some sense and decided life is too short to be banning people for dumb injokes.

Common sense has to break in at some point, why not now

Nah nothing to do with common sense more to done with the team you play for.

I mean hopefully because someone saw some sense and decided life is too short to be banning people for dumb injokes.

Common sense has to break in at some point, why not now
Fine if that's the case - I have no problem with that. So let's see someone from the FA come out and give an explanation, and apologise that Bernardo was treated harshly.

Nah nothing to do with common sense more to done with the team you play for.
Meh, they’ve now set a sensible precedent that next time some footballer tweets something dumb they don’t have to suspend them.

Whether they do that for a United player or a Walsall player is not really worth getting worked up over.

I doubt it's anything to do with Garnacho being a United player. Probably more likely that Onana publicly backing him played a big part in the FA's decision. Could be wrong about this but I don't remember Mendy coming out and supporting Bernardo at the time. But whatever, they're an irrelevance. Garnacho isn't exactly ripping up trees. United gain basically nothing from this.

I doubt it's anything to do with Garnacho being a United player. Probably more likely that Onana publicly backing him played a big part in the FA's decision. Could be wrong about this but I don't remember Mendy coming out and supporting Bernardo at the time. But whatever, they're an irrelevance. Garnacho isn't exactly ripping up trees. United gain basically nothing from this.
So basically, he should get off because he's not very good?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.