Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

Not sure why City should be paying him. If you couldn't work because someone made a false accusations against you I bet you couldn't go back to your firm and get them to pay you your back pay. I suspect you would have a claim against the person who made the claim against you. I bet City, per se, aren't that worried it will just be something they slide to the legal department to sort out.

The whole thing is hilarious.

* Mendy was charged in August 2021 on full pay,
* In September 2021 he was remanded into custody after breaching his bail conditions which stated he could not have house parties. The Judge at the time (district judge, Jack McGarva) said he was not satisfied that Mendy would not commit further offences if allowed to leave court on bail.
* At this point City stopped paying him on the basis he was unavailable for work.
* In January 2022 Mendy was released on bail, with the specific conditions he could not step foot in the county of Greater Manchester and was required to surrender his passport, fitted with a electronic tag and subject to a curfew.

So from September 2021 to January 2022 he was in prison due to his own fault (breaching bail conditions). So could not train or play for Manchester City.
From January 2022 till his Contract expired, he couldnt attend any city training session, play any home game, any night game or any European away game.

I mean him expecting to get paid in the above circumstances seems pretty much bonkers to me. I mean if someone is called up for Jury service as per the law your company does not have to pay you (though many do), but in this other Mendy world, the club would be expected to pay him because he cant play due to his bail conditions.....

More likely its a ruse to either a) try and get City to pay something to get rid of the issue, or b) using this to increase his chances too get an extension on paying the tax man what he owes (which is whats happened).

I thought he breached his bail for trying to travel abroad?

We should have a counter claim , we paid over £50m for this clown and his actions made him wothtless , he had two years left on his contract when he got nicked and some idiot would have paid £20m for him. Perhaps he should go after his accusers for the money he lost or the CPS , we didnt stop him working they did , but we know his accusers havent got a pot to piss in , so his lwayer is coming after the money, he can go and get f*cked.

Fucking low life
His behaviour off the field alone dictates he should just fuck off and be extremely grateful not to be doing porridge long term….and that’s leaving out how crap he was on the pitch.
Basically injured half the time (as a result of a crap bit of defending) during which the club stood by him. Then crap the few times he appeared followed by dragging City through the mud for his behaviour with women.
The guy should be grateful the club isn’t suing him for damaging our image.
Sincerely hope we fuck him off big time!
Rant over.

We should have a counter claim , we paid over £50m for this clown and his actions made him wothtless , he had two years left on his contract when he got nicked and some idiot would have paid £20m for him. Perhaps he should go after his accusers for the money he lost or the CPS , we didnt stop him working they did , but we know his accusers havent got a pot to piss in , so his lwayer is coming after the money, he can go and get f*cked.
You think the accusers or taxpayers should be refunding him millions of pounds?

Good luck with that idea.

Not sure why City should be paying him. If you couldn't work because someone made a false accusations against you I bet you couldn't go back to your firm and get them to pay you your back pay. I suspect you would have a claim against the person who made the claim against you. I bet City, per se, aren't that worried it will just be something they slide to the legal department to sort out.

I was thinking the same. Shouldnt Mendy be claiming against the people who falsely accused him ?

He couldnt work because HE broke the bail agreement, why would City first him being a knobhead

I was thinking the same. Shouldnt Mendy be claiming against the people who falsely accused him ?

He couldnt work because HE broke the bail agreement, why would City first him being a knobhead

Because we don't know they falsely accused him. All we know is it wasn't possible to prove it had happened. As is often the case with rape.

There is certainly an issue here which may apply to other cases where a person is found innocent. I would imagine that the players contracts would include a clause about bring the club into disrepute via such things as lifestyle but he can point to the not guilty verdict as vindication of doing nothing wrong, in his opinion.
I believe it's different in the states say, where if someone 'gets off' they will sure the DA/city.
Questions should be rightly asked as to why the CPS thought this was an open and shut case or reasonably straightforward to prove and why Mendy isn't going after them also.

As has been said a few times, it looks like he is in trouble with HMRC so he is just using every trick under the sun to try and get himself more time.

Does he actually have a case for this, unlikely. But it proves to HMRC he is trying to recoup his debts.

Wonder if it's about bonus payments?

To me if he's not played/been unavailable for x amount of the season he can swivel but I'm guessing contract wording won't include something around "if you are in jail for breaking bail you get fuck all".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.