PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I was chatting to someone very close to the club today. I asked him what he knew about the case because I know absolutely nothing. He said he knew absolutely nothing. We agreed that journalists know absolutely fuck all, which is more than rival fans know.

When the wash is complete, and hung out on the washing line with all of our memories of being a blue, and these great times that we have experienced peg it all together, we will all still be blues, and the whingers will whinge.

If you want to know more then there are ways to try and find things out.

What the media are choosing to do at the moment is ride off the back of Everton's point deduction and get clicks by talking about relegation. You've got Liverpool fans dreaming up scenarios where we're out of the football league and Gerrard is on an open top bus with a PL winners medal. The Express ran a fan poll and guess what, they want us relegated! The majority don't have a clue what's going on. Our charges are much harder to prove than Everton's as theirs was a "simple" profit and loss case and ours is looking at whether we've inflated sponsorships and revenues which will be a minefield. 28,000 documents were used by Everton's defence team. We'll have a fair few more than that!

There is no rivalry between United and Liverpool. When they’re due to play each other I get sick of hearing about how massive both clubs are and how much history they both have, they couldn’t be further up each other’s arse. It’s all engineered shite, they are two cheeks of the same arse, but if telling anyone that will listen that their games against each other are their biggest, makes them feel better then leave them to it.

They're the two most successful English clubs so there's a rivalry in that sense, but they've never really been at the top table at the same time so it's never meant much beyond that. The rags had a rivalry with Arsenal and then Chelsea in terms of winning things and that's meant a lot more. From what dipper and rag fans say you wonder why they mind us winning things as they don't seem to care about little City at all!

Just reading about the rags facing financial ruin if they don’t get top 4 this season. Could a points deduction for us get them in the back door? Hmmmm. Or am I just bein paranoid? Heads up my arse with all this bollocks at the minute!
Their new Chelsea\Norwich\rag supporting investor owns French club Nice. They are second place in the league at the moment and apparently they would displace the rags in the cl if they finished in a higher league position. Now that would be funny.

Makes me laugh when some glory hunting rag from Devon tells me they hate Liverpool and don't care about city as if it makes them a top red. When I grew up at school you were either City or united and the United fans certainly didn't care about Liverpool because they'd never met one.
Funny how some people don't care about us that much they have to tell everyone they don't care.
I don't care about Plymouth argyle, not once in conversation have I told anyone that.

Whilst I agree with your point, you have to consider the influence of United and Liverpool who either have their own former staff in the Premier League, UEFA or in the case of the Premier League can sanction senior appointments. They’re also effectively holding a Super League gun at the Premier League head. It’s almost like a “if it’s not my train set I’ll break it” attitude. Common sense goes out of the window. They honestly believe the footballing world want to see United v Bayern or Liverpool v Barcelona every week. Maybe they’re right but that’s when I take up fishing.
It would be commercial suicide on the part of the PL to do that. Go to Asia, see what shirts the 'new fans' are wearing. You'll see a ton of Man City shirts. There isn't as much of the historical legacy of Liverpool/United etc as people who are new to the game and live overseas will often support the team that is best at that time, they don't have a local reason to do it or a family tradition. That's why Man City may not ever get the same fanbase in the UK as someone like Liverpool or Man Utd but they sure as heck can get it in the big export markets in Asia, North America and so on and that is where the big bucks are. So I think the PL needs to tread carefully here - if it kills one of its major assets (imagine they relegate City, Pep would leave also so they no longer have the best side and they no longer have the best manager in the PL) then who is to stop these lucrative commercial markets paying to watch LaLiga instead and buy a Real Madrid shirt, maybe Haaland goes there as he doesn't want to play in the Championship.

Honestly unless someone digs out some ISIS-Style beheading videos where Pep is cutting someone's head off on a camera then I can't see a relegation for City, it would literally be the PL shitting on their own doorstep regardless of what the other club leadership teams push for as there isn't an off-the-shelf alternative to City who can come in and dominate across the other teams yet.

Just reading about the rags facing financial ruin if they don’t get top 4 this season. Could a points deduction for us get them in the back door? Hmmmm. Or am I just bein paranoid? Heads up my arse with all this bollocks at the minute!
4th might not be enough for them if Nice finish 3rd (or above) allegedly, due to Ineos ownership of both clubs….

There is no rivalry between United and Liverpool. When they’re due to play each other I get sick of hearing about how massive both clubs are and how much history they both have, they couldn’t be further up each other’s arse. It’s all engineered shite, they are two cheeks of the same arse, but if telling anyone that will listen that their games against each other are their biggest, makes them feel better then leave them to it.
My nieces husband a rag has trained his three year old daughter to shout DIRTY SCOUSERS whenever Liverpool is mentioned. He just has a world weary acceptance of Citys current dominance. As
he is from Fleetwood he doesnt have the same issues with local pride a Manc would have. When the dippers won the title some of their idiots drove round OT shouting abuse at rags. When the rags won the title at Goodison the police had to prevent their fans dancing a conga round Anfield. Foolish to claim their is lack of animosity between the two fan bases. Dont think this goes back that long however based on Uniteds jealousy of Liverpool in the 70s and 80s repaid with interest by the scousers in the 90s and noughties. Our denying Liverpool the title on several occasions has been the one consolation of our success according to rag friends and rellies. No doubt that Liverpool hate us also these days but think they would hate anyone better than them equally.

I didn’t even realise that was the game he ripped his season ticket up. That period was a blur, so often we used to go the kippax bar at half time, load up & not go back 2nd half.
We were the same in North Stand. Amble in after about 20 mins, amble back out after 35. Then be in Parkside for 4:30.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.