Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
They probably waved back at Pep thinking it was part of the Tunnel Club package.

"Oh look, Pep is waving at us, take a picture quick"
lets be honest though
pep is obviously trying to gee up,get the wider CB all levels to make some noise.
he knows the tunnel club behind him is pointless for noise.

lets be honest though
pep is obviously trying to gee up,get the wider CB all levels to make some noise.
There's very little that I would consider to be 'honest' about that. He's posturing.

Whether it's in celebration or anger, it's clear that Pep's gestures are always very squarely aimed towards the tunnel club and directors area.

It's the equivalent of John Lennon asking the front row of the Palladium to rattle their jewellery

There's very little that I would consider to be 'honest' about that. He's posturing.

Whether it's in celebration or anger, it's clear that Pep's gestures are always very squarely aimed towards the tunnel club and directors area.

It's the equivalent of John Lennon asking the front row of the Palladium to rattle their jewellery
If you believe that then,he's being sarcastic towards them.cos he knows like you do and everyone else,he wont get anything out of the tunnel club as in passion or true support,just rich people or people on an expensive day out

There were more tourists today than I have ever seen, how many tickets does the club set aside for them? Could they not go in their own section? And could all take selfies of each other and film the game without interruption from us normal fans ?
I walked up JMW and round to M1 and I saw half n halfs everywhere and I was honestly struggling to hear English being spoken.....I suppose 'locals' would be in the pub or not as giddy as 11.15-11.30 but it was a strange atmosphere outside and never really picked up inside. The best we managed in SS3 was a longish follow you everywhere, the dips were crap too.

lets be honest though
Does he actually know that about the tunnel club though? I’m not being flippant. I genuinely don’t know how clued up he is about who inhabits the Etihad.

The ‘match day experience’ and everything that comes with it is aimed at the demographic Soriano wants to get through the turnstiles - tourists who will spend £200 in the club shop without skipping a beat, and the Corporate lot, some of whom are indifferent to the score line let alone inclined to make noise.

Does Pep think there are 50,000 working class Mancunians in the ground, paying £20 per ticket?

I love him for what he’s achieved. He’s taken us to heights I couldn’t have dreamed of when I was getting picked on at school in the 90s for being a Blue. But it is strange that we see this from him 2 or 3 times a season.

lets be honest though

Come on mate.

There is absolutely no chance of anyone, let alone Pep, geeing up the CBS.

If he ran to the South stand and did it there, I'd say fair play to him as he wouldn't be wasting his time and he'd get a positive reaction from the fans in the South stand.

If you believe that then,he's being sarcastic towards them.cos he knows like you do and everyone else,he wont get anything out of the tunnel club as in passion or true support,just rich people or people on an expensive day out

To be brutally honest, those in the tunnel club are likely mean a lot more to the City Group hierarchy than the mere mortals in the cheap seats.

Personally, I think Pep knows he's wasting his time trying to get a tune out of the fans and is just posturing for the telly.

Does he actually know that about the tunnel club though? I’m not being flippant. I genuinely don’t know how clued up he is about who inhabits the Etihad.

The ‘match day experience’ and everything that comes with it is aimed at the demographic Soriano wants to get through the turnstiles - tourists who will spend £200 in the club shop without skipping a beat, and the Corporate lot, some of whom are indifferent to the score line let alone inclined to make noise.

Does Pep think there are 50,000 working class Mancunians in the ground, paying £20 per ticket?

I love him for what he’s achieved. He’s taken us to heights I couldn’t have dreamed of when I was getting picked on at school in the 90s for being a Blue. But it is strange that we see this from him 2 or 3 times a season.
I would imagine when this tunnel club thing came in,he was told,you and your players have to meet and greet and be nice and pleasent to the paying customers,come.on mate,if he doesn't know that,id be stunned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.