Spurs (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Yeah, we should've put that away in the first 20 minutes.
Missed chances have cost us all season.

We are defensively light in midfield and teams have been running though us all season, but Ederson should've done better on all the goals today.

We need to buy a left back though and Gvadiol or Ake aren't the answer there and need to play centre half.
Fair comment.

Rather than defensively light I’d say we don’t retain possession as well as we did last year and frankly without KDB, Gundo and Mahrez that’s no surprise.

Eddie’s had a few months long spell of making some absolutely crucial saves at crucial times so we can excuse him today’s mistakes.

Yep Kovacic average and injury prone and nowhere near the quality of Gundo.

Nunes an absolute bizarre panic buy. Not good enough imo. Will be surprised if he comes good to be a main player.
Kovocic has barely made an assist, let alone scored a goal in his career. I will be amazed if he scores for us before he leaves

Fuck me. Don’t know what people see with him.

He’s so poor. Him stepping into midfield and being out of position constantly (both in attacking phases and defensively) stitches us up in the transition.

On the ball he plays passes to players who don’t have the time or space to play out (see the second goal today). In fact (and I counted) he played 3 good balls today. Every other pass was square or hospital.

He’s been at the heart of our weakest defence in a few years. Dias has been poor too but I was watching them try to communicate today and it was Sunday League stuff.

His pass into midfield that lead to there second goal was poor there was an easy pass to his right to Walker! Also if he was inline with Dias when that ball went to Johnson, Johnson would have been offside!

Just back from the game, dont know where to start... shambolic one sided refereeing performance again (which is being too kind) but what else do we really expect with the target we have on our heads at the moment? Cant put it down to anything else but corruption, happy to argue with anyone who thinks otherwise after that performance today.

Opposing teams have to do very little to score against us. Our back 4 no longer seem like they want to defend, Dias form dropped off the edge of a cliff, akanji even at his best has a horrific mistake in him, walker looks like legs might be catching up with him (what was he doing allowing the cross for their 3rd?), gvardiol still adapting and being shoe horned in at left back. Every goal conceded was absolutely criminal from a defensive point of view.

We know Haaland doesnt offer a lot in general play and this is now being backed up by Alvarez who is a complete ghost in wherever hes meant to be playing. Its like playing with 9 at times. Continually making the wrong runs, never there as an option to pass for wide players and everything missing him out going forward or backward.

Think today shows we might need to lower expectations this season, 12 points from our last 8 league games and the volume of goals being conceded is beyond worrying. Yes KDB and stones have missed a large portion of the season but other teams have big injuries too as our opponents had today.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.