Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Hopefully this gives the Jonny come latelys an awake up call and they can all fuck off. We have no given right to win any match, Villa excellent tonight fully deserved win. We will be up there come end of the season

That was the most obvious result. The lads confidence is the lowest it’s been for a while, just doesn’t look like we’ve got the fight in us.

Still, 23 to go and we’ve been in worst states than what we are in now and still walked the league. Go back to last season and we were utter shit before the World Cup and not much better for a month or so have the restart. We just have to keep within touching distance when we enter the run in. If we don’t challenge this year, then fuck it, it’s been a mad three years.

I used to say that Peps tactics had been found out, but he seemed to be able to alter and adjust things to get the best out of our players.

Now it seems like that isn't possible. How we have 4 of the best defenders in the world and the best striker in the world, but yet still look so shaky at the back and awful going forward is crazy.

Losing Gundogan was crazy, replacing him with Kovacic is criminal.

If this continues to the end of the season I can see people becoming disillusioned with Pep. I hope he can get us out of the slump

Villa fully deserved that...the 3 recent draws have actually been bonuses with the way we have been playing and somewhat papered over significant cracks.

We are losing the midfield battle ..

Its no one players fault...its the balance in midfield that is an issue.....the loss of Gundo has caused that and the replacements arent the level or upto speed....I said it about Kovacic at the start of the season.he has many quaities but clerly Pep isnt happy with how he is adapting or he would have started that game and he has zero attacking threat like Gundo had...and the pairing of Alvarez and Rico was getting ran all over in the first half. (I have sympathy with both as both are very young and Avarez is trying to do KDB's role when in reality he is a very good centre forward but he aint a midfielder..

Paired that with no Rodri, no KDB and that is huge.....but again the replacements of Kovacic and Nunes are clearly not ready or upto speed or maybe not good enough..

Walker is going through his normal slump that he has...it happened last year and he looks scared of the football.
Gvardiol - good a times but such a lack of awareness of what is running in behind him time and time again.

Bernardo completely out of sorts...Ive never known him invisible before tonight.

Villa completely deserved that....zero excuses....the out fought us, out ran us and it could easily have been more....

We need to get to new year still in touch with the top 4.....I cant see us buying in the winter as we had significant outlay in the summer but Nunes and Kovacic just dont look like players that Pep trusts at present....(Phillips - not hs fault - but he is absolutely clearly pointless)

I wasn’t looking forward to that game before Rodri, Doku and Grealish were ruled out. They are a good team and are having a good moment as Pep would say.

We’ve been here before though and we know what we are capable of.

Let's not dress it up. We have been bang average ALL season.

We are miles away from mounting a serious challenge.

People keep banging on about last season we were off the pace and we came back etc...
But there was signs that we were playing well.

This season we have been mediocre to dog shit, with a sprinkle of alright.

The chances have dried up, and when we do create a good chance we don't punish the opposition.

Recruitment has been dire. Nothing short of embarrassing from a club of our magnitude.

Keep hearing the happy clappers say give Nunes Time, kovacic is an experienced prem player etc...

They are both turd!!!!

We played worse when those 2 came on! Which is quite an achievement on the shit show that was being served up.

Our players look absolutely f*cked. Every team we play against seems to have more energy and are always winning the second balls. We are getting battered and conceding goals left right and centre, so might as well give Kalvin minutes in order to give Rodri a rest
We look clueless at the moment. Not one player doing anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.