Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Walker is at the root of the problem If Bayern still want him I’ll drive him He wasn’t in our best team last season and there are lots of reasons why I really done understand how the club worked so hard to keep him yet left it too the last moment with Gundo and pissed him off Played virtually every minute this season and has been responsible for goals conceded he’s no longer good enough
Absolute bullshit

Thought our defence stood up well tonight against an onslaught , our midfield was non existent , Dias , Akanji have taken a lot of shite recently but they fought manfully , along with Ederson they kept us in the game.As soon as Rodri was booked against Spuds this was going to turn into a tough evening , a fully fit Stones would have made a difference , but he was miles off it fitness wise

Here's Pep......

'It is my job to find a solution'​

FT: Aston Villa 1-0 Manchester City
74d215d1-1b6a-4091-8523-c65e2179b1e8.jpg

Manchester City
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola, speaking to Match of the Day and in the post-match news conference, says: "Aston Villa played better. The first half we didn't move in possession and the second half was much, much better and we had chances, but we struggled to find the pass and movements in the right moments.
"After the deflection, we have scored four or five goals with deflections so it is what it is and we have to accept Aston Villa was better and go to Luton.
"Rodri is an important player of course but when he is not there we have to find a way to win without him. Six points [off the top] and we would prefer to be top of the league but we made three draws and lose today.
"In these years we have found a way to win games but we struggled a bit and we have to find a way. It is my job to find a solution. The dynamic changes by winning games. When a team is better you have to recognise it."
Will never hang the players out to dry in public, but i bet he tore a strip off them after the match

Don’t think we’ve ever been more reliant on any one player than we are Rodri right now.

Every pl game he’s played, we’ve either won or drawn and we really should have won a couple of those. Every game he’s missed, we’ve lost.

Not having a back up for him is going to cost us badly, either through him missing more games or getting fatigue because we just can’t afford to drop him.

We are lacking a leader , a fkin hard 100% leader I can take losing but that really was poor tonight an think we’ve been poor all season We have some great players but they’re too lightweight Gimme another Yaya an Zabba esque type from somewhere
Kind of thought we were getting one in gvardiol but he looks pretty far from that kind of beastly leader I thought we’d be getting. One thing I’ve concluded in the last 4/5 weeks is he really isn’t a left back and needs to play centre back.

Extremely disappointing performance. I don’t really know what the plan was. We clearly miss Rodders but he doesn’t stop us from tackling, being backed off or not challenging. Too many were hiding and not sticking their chest out.

Every visit to Villa park reminds me how much of a shithole Birmingham is. Utter dump.

Oh well, we have to put it right at the weekend. Nothing but a win will do.

I’d say it’s not irrelevant that our superb midfield three of last season were not available to us tonight or that we have not yet adequately replaced the magnificent Gundogan.
What a load of absolute bollocks, anyone’s opinion of Gundo is utterly irrelevant to how completely wank we were tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.