Red Star Belgrade away.

I'd say it's accepted in 80-90% of places you'll go, but definitely bring cash. 1. Tips can't be paid by card, and 2. (If buying a sim) phone credit can't be bought by card (for some strange reason I've never been able to fathom). Also, I don't think you'd be able to buy a ticket for the EDS game by card (if you need to - see my post above), but I can't be sure about that.
Also, last time I went to the stadium, purchases inside were cash-only, and taxis generally need to be paid by cash (although maybe 25% of those from Pink and Naxis, and slightly more from Lux, have card machines).

I know somebody with a spare match ticket if anyone is looking.
My plans have also changed and I will not be able to travel to Belgrade for my first ever City away game.

Ticket available to anyone who needs a spare - for free or (even better) a small donation to your preferred charity (I won't check!). Just message me. Cmon City!!!!

Also, last time I went to the stadium, purchases inside were cash-only, and taxis generally need to be paid by cash (although maybe 25% of those from Pink and Naxis, and slightly more from Lux, have card machines).
Thanks pal, I take it there are plenty of cash machines?

Cheers for the advice mate, do you know how much a taxi from the airport to the city would be, or is it worth my time to just get the bus?

Thanks pal, I take it there are plenty of cash machines?
Yes, but be prepared to pay a 'withdrawal fee' on top of all the other costs. I've never used a foreign card here, but from what I understand these fees basically range from £4 to £7, depending on the bank that owns the machine and the software version currently installed in it (so different machines from the same bank might actually charge different amounts).

Cheers for the advice mate, do you know how much a taxi from the airport to the city would be, or is it worth my time to just get the bus?
3000 RSD if using the voucher system. If the voucher system desk is closed (I think it closes around 20:00, but I might have just been there on an 'off day' when I was last there at the end of October), you can agree a price with the driver beforehand (this should be 3000), or agree to being charged 'on the meter'. The companies I mentioned in the post above are the most reliable in this regard.

(Taxi prices are agreed by unions - at present it's 270 RSD starting price and from roughly 100 to 200 dinars per kilometre, depending on the time of day. These unions are responsible for controlling their members. Worse unions have worse reputations, so nobody orders from them, but their drivers are more 'free' to fiddle with the meter. Also, there are taxis with white taxi lights just saying 'BEOGRAD TAXI' and a number. These are independent of any union, and completely free to set their own price. They can charge you €200 for a 2-mile ride, and it's perfectly legal.)

I've only ever used the A1 bus. This takes you to the main bus station and Slavija Square on the 'Old Belgrade' side of the river. I've found it handy and fast, and I honestly can't give any experience of the other buses.

Just had a quick look at bus routes from the EDS game back to the centre, and it's not as chaotic as I'd feared: the number 26 route shouldn't be affected by road closures. You can catch the bus outside the north-eastern side of the stadium (on Zaplanjska street), in the direction of the centre (cross over the road from the stadium/shopping centre itself), and get off at Trg Republike. That's a 5-6 minute walk from Studentski Trg.

I don't know if anyone has received instructions from the club yet about buses being organized from Studentski Trg: as far as I'm aware, this is done for all European games, but it might be up to the away club to organize it/agree for it to be organized. If not, it might be worth heading straight from the EDS to the stadium: road closures normally affect public transport on the roads leading to/from Trg Oslobodjenja for about 2 hours before kick-off, and possibly other roads to the west of Red Star's stadium (I rarely venture into that part of town, so can't say from experience).

Yes, but be prepared to pay a 'withdrawal fee' on top of all the other costs. I've never used a foreign card here, but from what I understand these fees basically range from £4 to £7, depending on the bank that owns the machine and the software version currently installed in it (so different machines from the same bank might actually charge different amounts).
Ok mate cheers. Any tips on getting back to the centre after the game?

Also, most importantly how much is it for a pint over there?

Ok mate cheers. Any tips on getting back to the centre after the game?
Walk to a place marked as 'Taksi stajalište Mlekara' on Google Maps, and catch one from one of the regular companies' cabs waiting there. I gave the list of reliable firms above.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.