Luton Town (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Watched the game with a ref who firstly couldn't believe no foul was given and secondly couldn't believe VAR didn't recommend a look at the monitor for a red card. Two feet off the ground, over the top of the ball, point of impact top of calf, why isn't that a red? Club needs to be asking Howard Webb for clarification so that they know for future what is and what isn't a red. Compare this which wasn't even given as a free kick to Rodri's yellow.

View attachment 101017
It is a red and it should be given. There are but a few reasons why it isn't when the whistling wankers have the facility of slow-motion and replays, but my thinking is that they don't want to give it. if the back of that shirt says 'Salah' the Luton guy's off quick sticks.

It's a good win. City went 1-0 down (undeservedly) just before HT. The players could have dropped their heads and started to have doubts after the way recent games have gone. But they quickly turned the game around. They showed good character.

Something has got to change defensively though. City can't keep conceding the amount of goals that they currently are. A few clean sheets are needed.

I think Pep needs to add an attack minded FB in January. Cancelo is missed in some ways. For certain opposition.

Gvardiol and Walker aren't difference makers in the final 3rd.

Not the best performance, but Luton mix it up and it's not an easy place to go, as much as their results at home haven't been that great. Liverpool drew there, Arsenal got a late winner. We got back into the game well, scrapped with them well and saw it out. Just what was needed after recent results. A bit of confidence back and hopefully we can build on that now and show a bit more control and composure in games moving forwards.

This was a really good win in the context of recent results and more injuries. Especially seeing out the last 10-15 minutes with the long ball & set piece onslaught, or 'chaos-ball' as I call it.

We did exceptionally well to control long portions of the game with intricate passing and created plenty of good chances. Given the incredible frustration of conceding from their only real chance, to regain our composure at half time and continue this in the second half, it would've been easy to panic and start hammering in crosses etc.

Foden was brilliant. Unacceptable decision to not send Brown off for that challenge, it was dangerous and the stamping down motion could've easily broken Foden's leg. We then had to contend with Luton systematically stopping open play with niggly fouls - yet Rodri was booked for pretty much nothing.

Kovacic played very well too, given his lack of starts in the last 6 weeks.

It is a red and it should be given. There are but a few reasons why it isn't when the whistling wankers have the facility of slow-motion and replays, but my thinking is that they don't want to give it. if the back of that shirt says 'Salah' the Luton guy's off quick sticks.
The score is 2-1 to City but Luton are still making a fight of it and are well and truly "in" the game.

Red card with 20mins to go more often than not kills the game and City roll on to win at least 2-1.

It's that match manipulation again hidden behind a veil of (consistent) inconsistency.

Didn't see any of the goals go in due to the view but a vital 3 points. Pity that Rodri is so important defensively as he has everything required to play in a more attacking role or even just behind a striker - balance, skill, power, shooting and heading. Sincerely hope Foden continues to play more centrally and Ake plays as much as possible. Come on City !!

Last edited:
In the context of an awful run that was a huge result. Especially going a goal behind on the stroke of half time. We had a baying crowd and a very well referee but we came through it.

My concern at the moment is goals in that without Haaland, Alvarez is our only real goal scorer. Foden, Silva, Rodri and Grealish chip in a bit but not really enough but after that there’s not a lot of goals in the team. Neither Kovacic nor Nunes have scored goals throughout their careers. That’s why I think we really miss Gundogan and Mahrez and of course KDB.

In the context of an awful run that was a huge result. Especially going a goal behind on the stroke of half time. We had a baying crowd and a very well referee but we came through it.

My concern at the moment is goals in that without Haaland, Alvarez is our only real goal scorer. Foden, Silva, Rodri and Grealish chip in a bit but not really enough but after that there’s not a lot of goals in the team. Neither Kovacic nor Nunes have scored goals throughout their careers. That’s why I think we really miss Gundogan and Mahrez and of course KDB.

Losing Gundogan is up there with losing Aguero or Vinny.

He was that important.

Maybe even more so as by the time Vinny and Aguero left we knew the writing was on the wall for them anyway with age and injuries.

Gundo leaving was more a peak performance mid drop moment.

Losing Gundogan is up there with losing Aguero or Vinny.

He was that important.

Maybe even more so as by the time Vinny and Aguero left we knew the writing was on the wall for them anyway with age and injuries.

Gundo leaving was more a peak performance mid drop moment.
Had Paquetá been signed, I don't think it would have been felt as much.

Gündoğan's leadership is what's missed the most.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.