Red Star Belgrade away.

Ok thanks mate, flying out early tomorrow so not much chance of picking up Euros now. No worries, I'll just put it down to experience and learn from it.
If you have the time, head to an exchange office called 'TrangeFrange' - they do a much better rate on GBP. There are 4 around the town: one not far from Red Star's stadium, one close to Kalenic kafana (arguably the best traditional restaurant in the city, in my opinion), and 2 more. But I don't think any of them are in the centre. Google 'Trange Frange menjacnica Beograd' and see what pops up.

Some great info from Bibbers and others ,really looking forward to it
what do we reckon is the pub of choice on Tuesday night to start the noise off.looking at what’s been said it seems to be a choice of
Spasicev Pub
Gunners pub
plato
The Three Carrots ( Irish bar I think )
Never been to Spasicev myself, and I tend to avoid 3 Carrots, because it gets crowded and smoky. Plato is a bit 'fancier' (think more Pizza Express than your typical bar - it's only really a place for away fans to be gathered before a game, rather than somewhere to go for more than 2 pints), and Gunners is for beer drinkers.

Edit: Just Googled Spasicev, and I know it as Funk and Soul: very good place, with a large semi-covered outdoor area at the back. Decent choice of beers, too.

If you have the time, head to an exchange office called 'TrangeFrange' - they do a much better rate on GBP. There are 4 around the town: one not far from Red Star's stadium, one close to Kalenic kafana (arguably the best traditional restaurant in the city, in my opinion), and 2 more. But I don't think any of them are in the centre. Google 'Trange Frange menjacnica Beograd' and see what pops up.
Just walked up to there we got about £49.50 in monopoly money for £50 sterling .

Not long since arrived ,bought an MTS SIM card at the airport about £4 for 15gb which was just plug and play ,changed €10 at the airport which was enough to pay for the A1 bus into town 400 something each , apparently the little A1bus you can pay cash ,but the big A1bus you need to book somehow .just been to the exchange recommended on here and got about £49.50 for £50 .
On first opinion the city seems to have a bit of a Ukraine feel to it.

Just walked up to there we got about £49.50 in monopoly money for £50 sterling .
Haha, yeah, I should have mentioned what the money's like! The yellow and green notes (10 and 20 RSD) are a nightmare to keep track of. Get rid of them at the first opportunity, because they'll multiply like Gremlins throughout the course of the day. Also, if you're nice, try to keep payment with them in bars to a minimum, because barstaff hate having to deal with them.

I went looking for it, got directions in the bar, he said 15minute stroll, asked again when I thought I was near it and the bloke said another 20minute walk. He pointed me to one round the corner, got 13,500 for £100 sterling, so that's about same, I think. Done 4 mile already today, now back in Allo Allo Bar, nice little gaff full of pictures of Gordon Kaye, Vicki Michelle et Al, and smoke, its like 2007 all over again, loving it.
The exchange I used is called Kikaz.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.