Red Star Belgrade away.

Went to Paris on honeymoon and a couple of times for Irish rugby internationals, rivals Edinburgh as my favourite City on Earth. Found Parisians friendly and welcoming, accept it may be different if you go for footy.

Funny that was my experience of Paris. My missus told me how friendly people were and as I had not been for a good 20 years, believed the stereotypes. Within the first hour a lady was helping us booking our metro tickets, including making payment on her card which we then reimbursed with cash. People were great with us.

In fairness, a few people have told me Parisians were friendly and helpful. Sadly I had the exact opposite everywhere I went.

As someone else has suggested, it may be a football thing. I was in colours throughout and we’ve our friends at Chelsea to help with that one…

Roma bar!
81b59bd35e821a77b0e7eb7319d59aa6.jpg
Stumbled across this bar early doors Weds. Had a quick overpriced local beer in there (thought they'd have some decent Italian beer in there, but fuck all).

A shrine to Totti and a few Italian pics, but not that great tbh. Barman couldn't be arsed, too busy watching a replay of the Napoli match...in Cafe Roma - yeah, go figure!

No offence to the lads who took and lost their flag, but I don’t understand why City fans put their flags up before the match. By doing that they will always be a target for Ultras who are always looking out for away fans and their flags that they can pinch, hang upside down and the take a picture of it. Bring your flag, keep it hid before the match, and once inside the ground hang it.

No offence to the lads who took and lost their flag, but I don’t understand why City fans put their flags up before the match. By doing that they will always be a target for Ultras who are always looking out for away fans and their flags that they can pinch, hang upside down and the take a picture of it. Bring your flag, keep it hid before the match, and once inside the ground hang it.
Their flag wasn't hung up in a bar mate, they unfurled it to pose for a photo, the day before the game, when they went to take a look at the ground. They were then approached by Ultras who threatened them with violence unless they handed it over

@mrtwiceaseason and his lad are seasoned travellers and not daft enough to incite the locals (not that hanging a flag should ever be considered incitement FFS).

Having trawled many bars on match day, I didn't see one flag hung by any Blues anywhere. Not one.

City fans were very aware of the threat in Belgrade and adjusted the "normal" Euro away behaviour accordingly.

In fact, I would say we were impeccable :)

Their flag wasn't hung up in a bar mate, they unfurled it to pose for a photo, the day before the game, when they went to take a look at the ground. They were then approached by Ultras who threatened them with violence unless they handed it over

@mrtwiceaseason and his lad are seasoned travellers and not daft enough to incite the locals (not that hanging a flag should ever be considered incitement FFS).

Having trawled many bars on match day, I didn't see one flag hung by any Blues anywhere. Not one.

City fans were very aware of the threat in Belgrade and adjusted the "normal" Euro away behaviour accordingly.

I wasn’t having a go mate. City fans have had flags nicked across Europe for years. As you’ve pointed out, flags don’t have to be hung up. Just seeing them held up is enough for the Ultras to threaten City fans and to nick their flags. The main thing is the lads weren’t attacked. Flags can be replaced. Cracking flag.

IMG_0068.jpeg

I think that's a compliment so I'm having it :+)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.