Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

It all boils down to a lack of protection in the middle. With no Stones, Rodri is on his own, with no KDB, Rodri pushes up and leaves a massive gap behind him. With Walker and Gvardiol having permission to go forward, it essentially leaves 2 defenders on the counter. It didn't happen in the 3-2-4-1 formation, because there was clear demarcation of roles. The back 5 defended, that was mostly it, and it worked.

Personally, I don't understand why Bernardo isn't positioned right next to Rodri and told to control the game, we know he can do it. He did it when KDB was out, instead, he's creating overloads on the wings and leaving us light in the middle.
Whose fault is that Rodri is on his own when Kovacic, Nunes and Bernardo are in the squad ?

Is this team trying to replicate the 1938 season when we conceded something like 100 goals ffs, I’m beyond being angry at millionaire footballers and these cunts are not going to ruin my weekend with our lass, I’m gutted but I’m immune to Var and ref decisions atm, nothing shocks me about football anymore.
On the upside I’m going home opening a bottle of red and watching the Strictly final :)

When did we last keep a clean sheet?
On current form we will not be winning any trophies this season.
Pep needs to sort out the defence pretty quickly. As soon as we lose the ball in midfield and the opposing team counter we concede and always late in the match. Gvardiol is not a left back.

Jack is stepping up. He's scoring goals. I don't know how much more you want him to step up. He very rarely makes bad decisions. He's scoring goals that should win us games and the defence is letting him down. Yes, the team is not stepping up as a whole I agree.
To me it's the mentality of the players not keeping a lead in the game. Also killing games off as well

Is this team trying to replicate the 1938 season when we conceded something like 100 goals ffs, I’m beyond being angry at millionaire footballers and these cunts are not going to ruin my weekend with our lass, I’m gutted but I’m immune to Var and ref decisions atm, nothing shocks me about football anymore.
I know we have some old cunts on here - but fuck me you must be the oldest if you can remember that season!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.