Elon Musk buys Twitter

Loads of companies now using it as part of their "customer service". Beyond bonkers in my view. I hope people aren't drawn into this. Using Facebook for what ought to be a private conversation is bad enough.

I already realised I can't really use the NHS properly without the Android app. Not the way everything is set up right now. WTF? I have to carry a spyware device to use a public service paid for by taxation and NI.

People need a reality check in my view. This stuff has crept in big time over the last few years. We are mindlessly throwing our lives into Silicon Valley's laps.

Ironically, that makes Elon's decision look pretty wise from a business perspective.

(Brexit related whinge: Both the US and EU have started to make concrete steps towards hammering the social media firms for all sorts - meanwhile, the UK is just sitting there playing into their hands.)

My Twitter feed is just barbaric and sick. Seeing apparent Israeli soilders urinating on dead Palestinians, kids in hospitals with limbs missing , fight videos resulting in death. Clickbait anti Muslim stuff.
- I’m not following any of these accounts . Only West Ham ones which I enjoy although half of those have becoming reactionary clickbait nowadays.
It’s a sick cesspit full of trolls and bots, I feel sorry for kids if they’re scrolling through all this.
Will delete later.
I’ve been off Twitter and the daily mail for two months now and I feel fantastic for it.

I'm not sure it was twitter that made the IDF behave that way. Sounds normal to find that disgusting, not at all radical.

Twitter points you towards what it believes you like looking at, if watching people being killed upsets you then stop watching it.

My Twitter feed is just barbaric and sick. Seeing apparent Israeli soilders urinating on dead Palestinians, kids in hospitals with limbs missing , fight videos resulting in death. Clickbait anti Muslim stuff.
- I’m not following any of these accounts . Only West Ham ones which I enjoy although half of those have becoming reactionary clickbait nowadays.
It’s a sick cesspit full of trolls and bots, I feel sorry for kids if they’re scrolling through all this.
Will delete later.
You think that’s bad, mine only shows me cry arse Liverpool, United and Arsenal fans claiming the league is corrupt as we were awarded a penalty.

Twitter points you towards what it believes you like looking at, if watching people being killed upsets you then stop watching it.

That's not how the feeds work anymore though is it, they changed the algorithms towards more extreme and controversial content. Did you miss the news about adverts for multinationals appearing next to nazi content?

And you only have to click on comments and have a feed of absolute filth from bots and trolls.

I'd imagine most people would feel upset by that content including yourself, and those that aren't are probably psychopaths, e.g. those in the IDF and Hamas.

That's not how the feeds work anymore though is it, they changed the algorithms towards more extreme and controversial content. Did you miss the news about adverts for multinationals appearing next to nazi content?

And you only have to click on comments and have a feed of absolute filth from bots and trolls.

I'd imagine most people would feel upset by that content including yourself, and those that aren't are probably psychopaths, e.g. those in the IDF and Hamas.

Are bots and trolls just people you don't agree with? My point stands if you don't like to see killings or dead bodies then stop looking.

I get the algorithms and stuff but I’ve noticed a big step up in the amount of sheer brutality and sick videos appearing- I’ve blocked plenty but still they appear.
Like X for instant updates and football vids that’s why I’ve put up with the other crap for so long - but enoughs finally enough for me. ‘Just stop looking’ isn’t making any difference, I skip after seconds and block everytime.

I get the algorithms and stuff but I’ve noticed a big step up in the amount of sheer brutality and sick videos appearing- I’ve blocked plenty but still they appear.
Like X for instant updates and football vids that’s why I’ve put up with the other crap for so long - but enoughs finally enough for me

Get out of it mate, if it's affecting you let it be because it's not worth your mental health.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.