Elon Musk buys Twitter

Are bots and trolls just people you don't agree with? My point stands if you don't like to see killings or dead bodies then stop looking.

Have you just discovered twitter mate? I think you know the type of comments I'm describing.

Shit posts and half the time irrelevant to the point being replied to. It's easy to work out that "people" with no followers making unoriginal chatbot generated posts are bots and spot trolls who have paid for blue ticks.

Have you just discovered twitter mate? I think you know the type of comments I'm describing.

Shit posts and half the time irrelevant to the point being replied to. It's easy to work out that "people" with no followers making unoriginal chatbot generated posts and trolls who have paid for blue ticks.

From whatever the side of the fence you're sitting it could probably be annoying, nevertheless it's a sewer always has been yet people look for the truth there.

Loads of companies now using it as part of their "customer service". Beyond bonkers in my view. I hope people aren't drawn into this. Using Facebook for what ought to be a private conversation is bad enough.

I already realised I can't really use the NHS properly without the Android app. Not the way everything is set up right now. WTF? I have to carry a spyware device to use a public service paid for by taxation and NI.

People need a reality check in my view. This stuff has crept in big time over the last few years. We are mindlessly throwing our lives into Silicon Valley's laps.

Ironically, that makes Elon's decision look pretty wise from a business perspective.

(Brexit related whinge: Both the US and EU have started to make concrete steps towards hammering the social media firms for all sorts - meanwhile, the UK is just sitting there playing into their hands.)

My own personal bugbear is schools sending out platitudes about young people's mental health and the internet and then using the likes of twitter and facebook as their primary communication channels. I get that it's 'free' and budgets are tight and 'everyone is on them' but if you were really serious about young people's mental health you wouldn't be promulgating the use of toxic platforms with toxic business models that harm young people. Write on the board 100 times, 'I will not ease my cognitive disonance by just ignoring it'.

I get the algorithms and stuff but I’ve noticed a big step up in the amount of sheer brutality and sick videos appearing- I’ve blocked plenty but still they appear.
Like X for instant updates and football vids that’s why I’ve put up with the other crap for so long - but enoughs finally enough for me. ‘Just stop looking’ isn’t making any difference, I skip after seconds and block everytime.
I genuinely haven’t been shown anything regarding Gaza in recent weeks.

Despite being a Welshman, I enjoy watching Gaza’s goal against Scotland in Euro 96 purely for the skill.

I deleted Twitter months back. It’s a real shame as I was a huge fan but Elon Musk has ruined it.

My own personal bugbear is schools sending out platitudes about young people's mental health and the internet and then using the likes of twitter and facebook as their primary communication channels. I get that it's 'free' and budgets are tight and 'everyone is on them' but if you were really serious about young people's mental health you wouldn't be promulgating the use of toxic platforms with toxic business models that harm young people. Write on the board 100 times, 'I will not ease my cognitive disonance by just ignoring it'.
WhatsApp is free. Google Classroom is free. Email is free. There really isn't an excuse. There's still the issue of giving the data of loads of kids to a big tech company though. That will become the next privacy scandal, I suspect, because it's not even like they can opt out of these things.

There was a website linked on this thread for twitter without having an account or logging in. Can anyone remember it? Began with a C or an N i think.

I think i'm going to just bookmark the dozen or so accounts i actually want to follow via safari.

There was a website linked on this thread for twitter without having an account or logging in. Can anyone remember it? Began with a C or an N i think.

I think i'm going to just bookmark the dozen or so accounts i actually want to follow via safari.
nitter.com?

(that's.....

nitter.com )

It's automatically selected for me, because I've installed:
This addon will automatically switch you over to privacy oriented / free / open-source / less-shit / less restrictive / ad-free versions of everything from pinterest, instagram, reddit, Tiktok... you name it.

You can enable or disable sites as to your liking. The only one that doesn't really work for me is the Youtube alternative - I have to ask it to try a again couple of times.

Doesn't really matter anyway since I use yt-dlp-gui for youtube and watch at my own convenience

Other useful/essential addons for yr Browsers include;
Ublock Origin. Privateeyes/Privacy Badger. Those three, you can install in seconds. Just search the add on store for yr browser.

Bypass Paywalls Clean is also a huge help. It's a tiny bit harder - you have to download the add-on from the link for your browser (Link for Firefox, Link for Chrome) - then drop the download onto the browser yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.